*35

Here it is! Remember, the story is not actually mine. It belongs to Lyonsgirl from FanFiction.net

Natsu.

I run to the temple as fast as I can. If the forest weren't so dense and they didn't have that flying rat that could spot me, I would just fly to the stupid temple. I glared at the foliage around me. Why does it have to be so dense? Why can't it be spacious enough so I can actually move like the forest I grew up in? The foliage snags at my clothes as I run, and I growl in annoyance.

I want to burn this entire forest down. I calm myself down a little. Lucy wouldn't like that. She'd be really disappointed in me. I shook my head. Right now isn't the time to be thinking about her. I need to focus on the mission.

I focused back on the temple. They're using the Moon Drip to thaw out Deliora. Moon Drip is concentrated moonlight. It hits Deliora by going through the temple. My eyes widened a fraction with realization. If the light doesn't hit Deliora, it can't melt. The only question is how to keep the light from hitting it.

I finally reached the temple, but I stopped before I went in. It's irritating to fight people and try to think of a plan at the same time. Then I remembered the way we went out a few hours ago. It's only been a few hours? It feels so much longer than that.

I run up the hill where we last encountered Lyon and his followers. Luckily, everyone was too distracted by their ritual to notice me, so it was easy to slip back onto the stairs.

It would be faster just to fly. No one's here, and I can knock anyone out that has the misfortune to come across me. I make fire come out of my feet, and start flying down the stairs. I need to stop the Moon Drip, but it would be wise to get information too. I should have gotten some from bushy brows or dog ears earlier.

Once I finally reach the bottom of the stairs, I look around. I see Deliora and stare at it. If this thing ever got out, it would try to kill Lucy and I'm not letting that happen.

I turn to the stairs again and go up until I find the bottom level of the temple. I look around and see a bunch of support columns. If I break all of them on one side, the temple will tilt, which will make the moonlight hit stones instead of Deliora.

Without hesitation, I started to destroy the support columns to my right. The faster I get this done, the faster I can get back to Lucy. It only took me a few minutes to destroy the support columns. The temple shook and suddenly tilted to the side. I moved out of the way of large chunks rock. The floors above me crumbled a bit. I looked up and saw dog ears, Lyon and someone in a mask looking down at me.

"It's him!" Dog ears yelled.

"Cretin," Lyon sneered at me. "What's the meaning of this?"

I glared up at him. If he isn't smart enough to figure it out by himself, I won't give him the answer. We stood there and glared at each other.

"How dare you ignore me?" Lyon sneered, "You Fairy Tail upstart." Upstart? He obviously doesn't know who I am.

"What happened?" Dog ears said. "I don't get any of this!" What's his name again? Never mind. I don't care. He's just someone I have to beat up again.

"It seems he has managed to tilt the ruin," the masked person spoke. "He must have destroyed half the columns that support the ruin, and with the new tilt, the moonlight cannot reach Deliora. That seems to be his plan." At least someone has a brain. "He seems smarter than he looks."

Anger rushed through me. Fire shot out of my feet and propelled me to them. I punched the masked person in the face. He's sent flying across the room. He thinks I'm stupid? I felt scales form under my eyes. I turned around and growled at Lyon and dog ears. Their eyes widened and they took a step back.

I flew toward Lyon and hit him as hard as I could in the stomach. Lyon crumbled into ice, but that was expected. I'm glad he had that much of a brain. I glanced around and spotted him a few feet away.

"You can't dodge in midair!" Lyon yelled as he directed a flock of ice birds at me. I sighed. I take my statement back. He doesn't have much of a brain. I breathed fire and melted all the ice birds. I flipped over and shot fire at him though me feet. I need information from him.

I felt the stone underneath me start to crack. I flipped over to land on my feet and shot over to Lyon. I grabbed his neck and held him in the air. His eyes widened as he held my arm with one hand and tried to pull my hand off his neck with His free hand.

I glare at him and tighten my grip on his neck. "You've annoyed me and made Lucy angry. I should end you right now, but I need information. If you tell me what I want to know, I will allow you to walk away." Lyon nodded his head and gasped for air.

I set him on the ground, but I didn't take my hand away from his neck. I can't get anything out of him if he can't breathe. "Why are you doing this?"

"Why do you care?" he sneered.

I tightened my grip on his neck and growled at him. More scales appeared on my temples. "You're annoying," I growled.

He gasped and clawed at my hand as I squeezed harder. "I care because this request annoys me. I care because Lucy was angry. I care because she might be dead right now." I loosened my grip.

"Now tell me why I was requested to come here to beat the living daylights out of you." I need to finish this quickly so I can find Lucy quickly. She might be hurt. She might be dead. Why didn't I find her first?

"I am Reitei Lyon. The only mage in existence with the ability to defeat Deliora," Lyon wheezed out. I raised a brow at him.

Deliora doesn't seem so strong now that I know that. If I can defeat this guy so easily, Deliora should be a piece of cake.

Before I could ask him anymore questions, something broke the wall beside us. I turned my head and saw Gray. He had bandages around his stomach, chest, and arm. He also had patches on his forehead and shoulder. I haven't seen him that beat up in a while.

I did see something I haven't seen since the day we met. He met my eyes with determination. I haven't seen him like this since he tried to fight me the first time he saw me.

"Dragneel," Gray said, "Let me be the one to take him out." I raised a sceptical brow and pointedly looked at his bandages. He must have understood what I was trying to say. "I know I didn't win last time, but that won't happen again. There won't be any more after this. This is the final battle."

I narrowed my eyes at him. Something's not right. I'll find out soon enough what's going on. I dropped Lyon and walked over to Gray. "Where's the woman?"

"Lucy is with Erza back in the forest. They're fighting the small fry," He explained.

We gazed at each other for a few seconds. Then I turned around and glared at Lyon. He stood up while we were talking. "Is she hurt?"

I heard Gray gasp. "Um..." He stammered, "No, she's fine. I think she has some cuts and bruises, but nothing serious."

I nodded. Then I turned around again and glowered at him. "Take him out. If you don't, I will."

Gray met my eyes. "I'll take care of him," he said. I walked over to the wall and leaned against it. Let's see if he needs my help.

Word Count:1389 Words.