Chapter 10. Hooded Figure

Aria

It had been two weeks of torturing Feng, and we were still no closer to finding Ace. The anger that built up inside of me had to come out. My earbuds were in my ears as I danced around the punching bag.

Since Ace had gone missing, I had nothing better to do but train. I trained, worked, and took care of my kids. If it weren't for the kids, I probably wouldn't get out of bed.

The punching bag swung violently back and forth as I punched and kicked it. Suddenly, someone grabbed my earbud and pulled it out of my ear. I growled, grabbed the arm, and pulled. The person flipped over my shoulder.

It was Benny.

Oops.

Benny stared at me wide-eyed. Admiration clouded his eyes. He laid on the floor, breathing heavily.

"Fuck! Sorry, Benny! Why the hell would you sneak up on me like that, huh?" I huffed.

He smiled widely. "That was awesome!" His laughter filled the room. I rolled my eyes and smiled.

He took my hand, and I helped him to his feet.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I wanted you to know we found out that the texts were definitely coming from Los Angeles. So, whoever bought that burner phone to talk to Bohai bought it here," Benny explained.

"Figures," I said and sighed. "I'm betting he sent one of his men over to try to kill me."

"What I don't get is wouldn't they have sent Feng? He's the assassin," Benny said and shrugged.

"One of their best assassins, not their only assassin," I pointed out.

"Well, if they were using their brain, they'd send the best. They're dealing with someone who is supposed to be the strongest of all the Kings. Right?" Benny raised his eyebrows.

"Maybe, but not necessarily. Zhang Wei is just as good of an assassin as Feng is. Maybe they sent him," I said.

Benny and I went to the study. I sat down at my desk, and Benny grabbed a chair to sit in front of me.

My study door suddenly swung open. We both looked up.

It was Kalia. She glared at me. "Where is Austin?" she sneered.

"He's on a date," I said innocently. Actually, I wasn't sure where Austin was. I just said it to piss her off. "You could try calling Carley's phone. Of course, I'm not so sure they'll answer. They're probably busy," I said and smirked.

"You bitch! This is your fault!" Kalia stormed toward me.

Austin dashed into the study and grabbed Kalia. To make things more interesting, Carley came in behind him.

I chuckled. I guess I wasn't too far off. My face grew serious. "My fault? It is my fault you assumed your husband was disloyal? It's my fault he moved on? Get a fucking life, Kalia. He doesn't love you anymore!" I sneered.

"Ugh! I'm going to kill you!" Kalia screamed. She attempted to get out of Austin's grip but failed.

A giggle escaped me. "I'd love to see you try, honey," I said. I wiggled my eyebrows at her.

Kalia smirked evilly at me. "It's going to happen," she murmured. Kalia's blue eyes darkened.

"You're leaving!" Austin shouted. He pulled her out of the study.

Carley sighed, rubbed her eyes, and shook her head. Carley looked at Benny and me as she spoke. "Can't he pick them, or what?" Carley followed Austin out of the study and shut the door.