Chapter 13. Blue Diamonds

Aria

Ace met all the kids. The kids were horribly confused and upset. They weren't the only ones. Ace told me he couldn't handle it. He said he needed to go back to his place. We let him leave, knowing he would most likely be back.

If, for some reason, he tried not to come back, we would track him down.

"I've got something," Benny said. He threw his hand down on my desk.

"Uh, okay?" I asked. "Enlighten me."

"There is a couple of doctors in the area. They might be able to help Ace get his memory back," Benny said and grinned.

"I'm not sure we should push him, Benny," I said and sighed. As much as I would like to have my husband back to normal, I didn't want to overdo it or force it.

"It's worth a shot, come on."

"Maybe, I'll mention it to him. I'm going over to check up on him anyway. See what he is up to," I said as I stood. I hadn't seen him or heard from him in a couple of days anyway.

The study door suddenly swung open. "Hey," Austin said and smiled. Carley was with Austin. Their hands intertwined.

"Hey, guys," I said and beamed at them.

"So, I did it," Austin said and chuckled. Carley flashed the ring at me and wiggled her fingers.

My jaw dropped in surprise. "Oh my god, congratulations!" I clapped my hands excitedly.

"I hope my ex takes it that good," Austin joked. He threw his head back and laughed. Carley slapped him on the chest and rolled her eyes.

I opened my arms, and Carley bounced into them. We embraced each other tightly and swayed back and forth. Neither of us could contain our excitement.

"Thanks," Carley said. She kissed my cheek.

"What are you up to?" Austin asked.

"I was just about to see if I could go track down your brother," I admitted.

"Awesome. When you find him, drag his ass out to Blue Diamonds club. We're going to celebrate down there. The others will be there too," Austin said.

"I'm sure I can do that. See you later," I waved goodbye before I exited the study.

It didn't take me long to make it to Ace's place. There was a parking garage below Ace's condo.

Once in the lobby, the same man from the first time I had been here noticed me. His expression became panic-stricken as he reached for the phone.

"Hey, wait," I pleaded in a soft voice.

His expression went from panic to confusion in a second. My gaze met his. A small smile spread across my lips, and I leaned over the counter. The counter was so tall when I bent over it; it pushed my boobs up.

"I'm sorry that we got off on the wrong foot. That was my brother-in-law. See, my husband lost his memory in an accident. He's not comfortable living with me. So, he got an apartment here. The man Ace Cheng is my husband. Please call him. I'm sure he'll let me up," I said politely.

He stared at me for a long moment but slowly reached for the phone again. I pretended not to notice that he was checking me out. I wasn't surprised when he hung the phone up and smiled.

"My apologies. Ace said it was okay for you to go up," he said.

"Thanks," I flashed him a wide smile.

As soon as I got onto Ace's floor, the door opened for me. Ace waved a hand to gesture for me to come inside. I slipped past him. I sat my purse down on the kitchen counter and turned to face him.