Chapter 11-Late Night Encounters

NATALIE

I woke up in a dark room and wearily rose to sit up in the bed, trying to determine where I was exactly.

I breathed in deeply and as Trevor's familiar scent intoxicated me, I knew I was in his room again.

After the guys left and Trevor went upstairs, I must've dozed off on the couch.

"How'd I get up here?" I muttered to myself, stretching.

Trevor must've brought me up and locked me in for the night.

I was amazed at the fact that I'd slept the entire rest of the day.

But in my defense, the night before was quite eventful...and Trevor had me up at 7:00 in the morning.

I yawned and draped my legs over the side of the bed, my feet softly skimming the floor as I swung them slightly.

I glanced at the door.

I just wanted to see if it was locked.

Not trying to escape or anything...

I'd definitely learned my lesson about that.

I just wanted to see.

I padded quietly over to it and slowly tried to twist the knob and jumped back a bit when it actually turned.

I creaked the door open gently and poked my head out in the dark hallway.

I tiptoed over to the banister of the stairwell and down a few steps, peering left and then right.

I could see a soft glow coming from the dark living room.

Curiosity sparked my mind and I quietly descended down the rest of the stairs.

I paused in the doorway, peeking in slightly.

There was Trevor, sitting shirtless on the couch, smoking a cigarette and watching television in the dark. Well, not really watching. He looked more like he was staring past it in deep thought.

"I know you're in here." He spoke up suddenly.

I chewed my lip, standing behind the couch he was sitting on.

"Am I in trouble?" I asked nervously.

"No. Come here."

I slowly walked around the couch to stand beside where he was sitting.

"You didn't lock the door." I said, sheepishly.

He took a drag of his cigarette, looking at my fumbling hand playing with the hem of my shorts.

"I don't lock the door until I go to bed." He said, puffs of smoke coming out as he spoke.

I nodded and he signaled for me to sit.

"It's 1:00 in the morning. You shouldn't be up this late." He said, his voice deep.

"I took a long nap." I said as I shrugged, shifting to face him more.

"Mm." Was all he said, taking another drag before exhaling. "I tried to wake you up. I knew you wouldn't be able to sleep tonight." He said, shaking his head like he was a disapproving parent.

I curled my legs up under myself.

"Why'd you bother to take me to your room if you weren't going to lock me in?" I asked, glancing at the television.

He shrugged.

"I didn't want the guys to wake you up when they got home if you were that tired."