Chapter 25- Got A Secret, Can You Keep It?

TREVOR

As I neared Natalie's neighborhood, I felt an unnerving calm keeping my temper in check.

I didn't feel the need to lash out at her. After all, I'd halfway expected her to disobey me.

I now viewed the situation as business. And there was a certain way I conducted myself when it came to business. A combination of being collective and swift, but intimidating and daring enough to get my point across.

I parked a few houses away like normal and casually strolled down the sidewalk, my eyes examining her house in the distance. I took note that all cars were clear from her driveway except her own.

Perfect.

I smirked.

She'd tried to call me several times, probably looking for an explanation as to why I was paying her a visit. But she'd find out soon enough.

I climbed the stairs of her front porch lightly. On a chance that it wasn't locked, I reached out and allowed my hand to turn the knob freely, pushing open the door and swiftly stepping inside. I shook my head.

How many times had I told her to keep the door locked?

Foolish little girl.

I shut the door gingerly, locking it as I looked from left to right before I strolled over to the banister. I glided my hand along it as I took the stairs two at a time, stopping outside her bedroom door for only a second before I pushed the door open. I did a once over of the empty room before spinning around, listening intently as I heard a quiet clanking down the stairs.

I smirked, strolling back down the stairs ever so quietly. I leaned against the kitchen doorway, watching as Natalie stood at the sink, her back facing me.

She washed the dishes slowly as she looked out the kitchen window intently like she was looking for someone.

Me.

She turned on the faucet, rinsing a plate in the water.

I took long, light strides over to her and leaned close to her ear as she glanced up at the window again.

"Looking for me?" I asked in her ear lowly.

She jumped back, squealing as the plate slipped from her wet hands.

I reached out and caught it easily, setting it on the counter as she began to back up from me slowly. I reached over and turned off the running faucet, keeping my eyes glued to hers.

She dried her hands slowly on the small apron she'd tied around her waist. She continued to back up as I began walking toward her.

It wasn't long before her back hit the fridge and I stood a mere centimeter from her, propping my hands up on both sides of her head. I smirked as I looked down at her. I brought one hand down, caressing the fabric of the apron.

"This is cute," I said as I chuckled, pulling her into me by tugging roughly on it.

She gasped, bringing her hands up and placing them on my chest to stop herself from falling into it.

"What did I do?" She asked slowly.

"What makes you think you did something?" I asked, smirking.

"Your eyes are darker. That means you're mad," she said, gulping.

"So observant," I said, chuckling. "So tell me, love, what did you do?"

I backed her up against the fridge once again, boxing her in.