Chapter 13-Stress & Silver Boxes & Stress & Chats & Stress Part 2

TREVOR

*RECAP*

"Shit."

I caught myself, regaining my balance and looking down at the box in my hands.

I opened it, checking for the heels, only to be met with quite the surprise.

I smirked, sitting on her bed.

"No bloody fucking way."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I laughed as I pulled out a box of condoms and a short, little pink, sheer dress.

Maybe she's not so innocent after all.

I mean, we all have our dirty little secrets, right?

From what I could tell, the condoms have never been opened and the dress had never been worn, the tags still hanging from it.

But still, curiosity sparked me and I couldn't stop the scenarios of strange men and lovers dancing through our pretty, little church girl's room from entering my mind.

I shoved them back in the box and put it back where I found it before digging around for another silver box, which I found eventually inside of an empty Hollister bag.

I checked it to make sure I hadn't stumbled upon another one of her little secrets.

This time, they were really shoes.

Black pumps, I guess around five inches tall.

I wondered where a girl like her would've worn shoes like these to. Maybe she was a high priced call girl.

I chuckled at myself and threw them onto the bed as well.

I retrieved the curling thing she wanted from the bathroom and looked around the room, grabbing the now empty Hollister bag that I'd thrown on the floor. I shoved everything into it, except the shoebox, which I carried under my arm.

I locked the house back and walked the few blocks to my car, unlocking the door and climbing in.

The whole time, my mind lingered on the other silver box.

When I'd finally made it back to the house and swung the door open, my phone started to ring.

I sat the bag and box down in the entryway, digging around in my pocket.

When I pulled it out, to my surprise, it wasn't ringing.

That's when it dawned on me that it must've been Natalie's phone.

I reached into my other pocket and quickly jerked it out.

It was her mother.

I quickly walked into the living room where the guys were watching TV as Natalie sat in her usual criss cross position timidly on the floor.

She'd showered and changed into another pair of soft gray shorts and a white tank top while I was gone.

I wondered if she was still afraid of the gang.

Probably a little.

I handed her phone to her.

"Talk to her in the kitchen." I said, pulling her up and giving her a tiny shove towards it.

I didn't want the guys to make any noise or anything to make her mother suspicious or ask questions.

She nodded, answering on her way out.

"Hi, Mom."

I could pretty much hear every word she was saying to her from where I was standing, so I eavesdropped, making sure she wasn't saying anything she wasn't supposed to.