Author Note pt I

What a ride this has been, even though it's a little late I'm so proud to finally get to share this thing with you guys. I am sorry it took so much longer than I had thought...

More than having to start over from scratch when I was already halfway through the book, it's just been a crazy couple years altogether. Right when I started writing this towards the end of 2019 I took on a new job with a financial institution, and then I ended up getting promoted to manage a branch a year after that (seriously, who keeps putting me in charge of things?). For the last three months I've been studying like crazy to pass this exam I'll take in a week for yet another certification. I also lost some people since I started this book, and while death is always hard I became an uncle again too! 

I've also been in the process for the last several, several months of becoming a first time homeowner. Plus trying to get through a global pandemic, and all the little stuff in between like family and friends and hobbies. I really do hate excuses, but I'm beyond grateful with how patience you guys have been waiting for me to get this done when I have truly struggled finding even an hour to write sometimes--and to write well. The work I do here will always be important for me, I'll never give it up, but I think what I maybe learned was that I have to be much more incredibly patient with my process than I've ever had to be in the past. I'm so happy to be at an established point in my life and my career, but it's tough to realize that something I could've probably written in four months before, now takes me just under two years. That's insane.

The sweet words of encouragement, the continued support for NAHSLS, and all the genuine excitement for The Art of Being a F*ck Up is what has realistically kept me going even when it got to be too much sometimes, so thank you from the bottom of my heart and I promise that I'm done ranting about it now. Before we jump right into the story there are a few things I want to say, so bear in mind:

1) I went through and did a major structural edit, and a spellcheck edit, so I'm hopeful that flow and narrative will be sound and with as few typos as possible. You may still find some issues, but I'm confident they will be few, but just know I will continue to provide quality-of-life edits.

2) Think carefully about what thoughtful questions or concerns that arise for you throughout the book, there'll be another author note at the end here, just like NAHSLS, where I'd like to share my thoughts on some specific things, and answer or address any of your overarching questions and concerns.

3) Be kind. I love all of your thoughts and opinions--even when they're not always positive. You all did such a phenomenal job of highlighting the diversity in those opinions in the first book, and of showing perspective from every side. Do try to remember that opinions other than your own aren't necessarily bad though, and be mindful and considerate of others. A warning since y'all didn't seem to believe me before, but I do see all your comments. Every. Single. One. I don't want to have to be breaking up arguments again or going through to delete shit.

Also, a side note, that while I see every comment, it gets way too overwhelming trying to respond to them all. But I still hope you know that when I wake up and check Wattpad, getting ready for work, and I see your comment, it makes me smile. And then the rest of my day is good <3

That's it! Have fun, I hope you continue to love these characters like I do, and I look forward to your thoughts at the end. I would love to choose my three favorite reviews to feature on the story's official page!