Chapter 8: Welcome to the smarty-pants cabin!

Hey guys!! Shoutouts:
Deathchaos1257
Follow them!
QOTD: Favorite book?
I'm a fan percy Jackson tbh.
Sorry it's so short. I had writers block.

Artemis POV

Don't get me wrong. I hated telling them all the secrets of my life. But if it was going to save the world again, I guess it was worth it. So I did. "The People are… how to explain it… magical. Like centaurs (Chiron snorted) and pixies and elves. The People have a special gem, kept around the neck of the next great fairy, in the shape of a key. It was carved from every type of metal and combined, creating a small bead. It would be hard to get. Especially with my reputation."

 Percy POV

Gasps went around the room as he started talking, but he just plowed on, as if he was used to it. "That's all I know." He finished, everyone seemed outraged, as if expecting more from him. But I could sense he was telling the truth, so I stood up. "Guys, cut him some slack. This is the most information we’ve ever had about a prophecy, and we already know where to go. Let's just let the Fates decide what happens, like we always do. We just need to decide who's going."  Annabeth stood up. "He’s my brother, I need to go and he needs to go ‘cause he’s our ticket in. Holly is going, she is his friend and an elf so she knows her way around. Percy is going cause the "lost at sea" part, and he's out fighter. " Chiron stood up. "It is decided. They will leave tomorrow. Annabeth, Artemis will stay in your cabin because Athena claimed him in person. He's important." Grumbles went around at this, but no one argued.

Annabeth POV

I brought him to my cabin, where the other Athena kids gathered around him to see him and who he was. He just calmly ignored them, like one ignores a pesky fly that is trying to suck all your blood. I shooed them away (fly style) and then showed Artemis where he would sleep. He had nothing with him, so he just crawled into bed because it was late and fell asleep. At least, I thought he was asleep until I woke up at midnight.

Artemis POV

I slipped out of bed late at night and creeped out the doorway. The harpies were busy with Chiron, doing whatever harpies do when discussing ways to end a mortal's life, so I went down to the beach. Holly materialized next to me. "Sorry," she said. "I shouldn't have given it away." I agreed. We just say there, listening to the waves crash against the sand. Then a twig cracked under someone's boot nearby. I turned and yelled, "ANNABETH STOP FOLLOWING ME!" And stormed off to the cabin, leaving Holly behind.