Rain

Sonic prov-

I was running, faster than I ever ran before. I had to go. To leave! I couldn’t handle the pain in my heart that felt like it had been smashed into a million pieces. No amount of fixing would ever put it back together. What did I do for him to hate me so much? Why did he have to say all those mean things?

Flashback-

It was a great day outside. The sun was out and the fields retained their lush-green color. Nothing could ruin this perfect day that I had decided to tell my crush how I really feel about him, and I hoped he would return my feelings in kind. I was nervous (who wouldn’t be?), but I knew that I had to tell him! Me, Sonic the Hedgehog, was in love with Shadow the Hedgehog, and I couldn’t stop these feelings I had for him. It all started after the events of the forces. We’re supposed to be rivals, right? I shouldn’t have these feelings, but I do… And today, I was going to tell him.

I was on my way to his house when I saw him by a tree. I walked up to him, causing him to look at me. My heart skipped a beat, taking in his crimson eyes as he stared at me. Too bad he wore a cold expression, making me wish to know what he was thinking. How he was feeling. I hesitated to speak, not sure what to say.

“What do you want, faker?” He sounded annoyed.

I bit my lip. “I… I wanted to…” I stuttered before trailing off. I couldn’t get out what I wanted to say.

“You, what? Stop wasting my time,” Shadow huffed, looking at me with a frown. His arms were crossed, clearly impatient with this conversation.

I took a deep breath, steeling my nerves as I leaned forward. If I couldn’t tell him, I would have to show him. I quickly kissed him and it felt amazing with his lips on mine. They were warm and soft, making me want more. Lost in the moment, I yelped as he pushed me to the ground.

“What do you think you’re doing?” He shouted at me. I stared, seeing the disgust, anger and confusion in his eyes as he looked down at me.

“I… I… I’m so sorry, Shads. I didn’t know how else to tell you that I… That I love you,” I stumbled out, shaking from the shock of the push and the intensity of his gaze. He walked closer to me.

“Why would you think that I cared about you? I hate you. You’re annoying, cocky, and pathetic. Why are you even around? Eggman is gone! There is no threat to Mobius anymore. You should just leave; no one needs you anymore!”

I felt my heart break with every word that came out of his mouth. Is that how he really feels? Fine! I stood up and looked down, not making eye contact with him.

“Why… Why are you always so mean and cold to me? What did I ever do to you?” I finally tilted my head up to look at him, tears streaming down my face. “I tried to be friends with you. I tried to get to know you, but all you ever do is hurt me.” I was letting my emotions out; something I would never do in front of anyone, except Tails, but this really hurt me. 

I turned, finding the urge to run. I needed to go. To run as fast as possible. I didn’t want to feel this way. I didn’t give him a chance to speak, he didn’t deserve it. I just took off, not caring where I was going. I just ran.

-End flashback-

I didn’t stop running, even when I felt the rain on my fur. I just kept going until I tripped over a root from a tree that was sticking out. I flew forward and landed in the dirt. I didn’t move, just laid there as it began to rain harder. I closed my eyes, thinking of everything that happened. It was a good day, and now it was raining. It was like nature knew how I felt and was sharing my pain. I was about to get up when I felt a sharp pain in my leg. I looked down to pull the dart out, but it was no use.

Before I knew it, everything went black.

-Screen change-

I tried to open my eyes, but it was too bright. I tried to raise my head, but I realized I couldn’t move. I panicked, opening my eyes, although my vision was blurry. I blinked a couple of times to get rid of the blurriness. When I could finally see, I saw that I was chained to a metal table, in, what looked to be, a lab.

“Finally awake, I see,” a familiar voice spoke. I looked to my left to see Eggman coming into the lab.

“What do you want this time, Egghead?” I asked in an obnoxious tone, trying to act cocky.

“Well, since you asked, I’m going to experiment on you,” he stated with a big grin. I winced. I didn’t like the sound of that.

“Why not just get rid of me? Isn’t that what you’ve been trying to do all these years?” I inquired, thinking about what Shadow had said. It’s not like anyone would miss me, expect Tails. Everyone has moved on with other things.

“Oh, oh, oh! Well, you see, as much as I would like to, I figured out what is the best way to break a hero, and then I came up with a brilliant idea! To torture and experiment on you instead, then I would finally get you out of my way. Then the Eggman Empire can rise! Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!” He laughed.

I was scared, at first, but then remembered the events of the day. “Do your worst, Eggman,” I taunted, acting cocky, although I didn’t really care what he did to me, I sighed.

No one would look for me, anyway.