Promise Me

No pov~

"what do you mean?" Shadow asked confused "you came to check on me, I told you I still needed more rest," he said now looking at Shadow "but Sonic, I... I didn't check on you I was talking with Zhadow and the others in Zonic's office."

As Sonic realized what Shadow was saying he quickly sat up "then who was in here or was I dreaming" he asked.

Shadow thought about what Sonic told him and then he realized 'Mephiles' he said to himself, he looked to Sonic and in his eyes was worry and fear this angered him, he knew Sonic was in danger, since Mephiles knew, now more then ever he was determined to stay by his side no matter what.

"Shades can you promise me something," Sonic asked looking down "of course love what is it," he asked holding his hand, Sonic looked at him with tears in his eyes.

"If Mephiles gets ahold of me, I want you to promise you'll kill me before his plan is complete," he said now holding Shadow's hand to his throat.

"Sonic no I-I can't... promise you that, I won't do it," he said hurt that he would ever suggest something like that "Shades, please if he does unleash him... I can't let him... I can't watch, everyone, I care about die because of me please if it comes down to it you'll..."

"Love it won't ever happen, I won't let it happen" he sighed holding Sonic close to him "can you promise me you'll fight back?" Shadow asked "what do you mean?" Sonic replied looking at him.

"If your form takes over I want you to fight back, take back control of yourself," he said as they made eye contact "I promise" was all he said as they shared a passionate kiss.

"I love you Shades," he said "I love you too," he said back as they both laid down drifting off to sleep.

Zonic pov~

When Shadow left I looked at Sonic Boom as he sighed "is there any way to beat him without hurting Sonic?" he asked as I thought, I couldn't come up with any possible solution that wouldn't hurt him.

"I'm not sure Sonic Boom all we can do is hope Sonic can stay in control long enough for us to come up with a cure or a possible solution to save him," I said as we both sighed.

"Zonic sir we set a parameter around the building no one can come in or out without us knowing," Zilver reported "good you may leave," I told him "yes sir" was all he said back as he left.

"I hope Zhadow's plan works," Sonic Boom said "I hope so too but right now let's see if we can come up with something to help," I said thinking about everything that's happened.

Later that night

??? Pov~

It was late I assumed, as I felt negative energy coming from outside I wonder what those fools are up to then I heard a voice "come..." It said I opened my eyes to see that the door to my imprisonment was cracked "who is there?" I asked.

"Come my destructive rose before he awakens" I started walking to the door peaking into the crack only to see snake green like eyes.

"Why are you here?" I asked again wanting answers to why this demon dared to disturb me "I'm here to set you free..." starting to get annoyed with him.

"Who are you to summon me, Mephiles the Dark I answer to no one" all he did was stare at me.

"You're as beautiful as a golden rose that is so rare not even chaos can hold a candle to your beauty," he said and this surprised me, he didn't fear me, and he thinks flatery will spare him.

"What do you want?" I asked curious as to what he required of me "I want to destroy this world with you at my side" 'was this guy serious' I thought, but if I wanted my revenge I had to start somewhere.

"Fine I'll help you but get me out of here first," I told him as I grinned evilly 'finally those Guardians will regret imprisoning me," I thought to myself.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone hope you all are have a good 4th of July and staying safe sorry it took me so long to update

What will the others do now, will shadow be able to stop Mephiles in time or will he have to kill his beloved and who is this golden rose Mephiles speaks to

Find out in the next chapter till next time. 🙏