Giving Chances

Mephiles pov~

I was angered Fleetway just left me on the hill after asking me about Sonic, I must say his display of his affection for him was rather enjoyable to watch, but I have my own plans for Sonic and he wasn't about to get in my way.

While flying I saw that green rodent that stood up to me when I first had Sonic within my grasp, but I could sense, he wasn't alone so I decided to follow him.

As I came upon them "where were you, Scourge I've been looking all over for you?" Another blue hedgehog asked that looked like Sonic, "I found Fleetway" he said catching my attention "you what?" The blue hedgehog said looking stunned and shocked at the same time it was quite amusing.

"I found him in this house, I was about to kill him, but he opened up to me instead I think I can get him on our side if I continue to spend time with him," the green rodent said with confidence.

"But Shadow... what would he think if he found out about you sneaking off with Fleetway?" He asked looking concerned for his friend "Sonic Boom, if I can turn him against Mephiles to save Sonic then I'll do whatever it takes, and stripes is not going to get in my way" with this new information I had, I flew off to find Fleetway if he does plan to betray me then I'll make his precious Sonic pay for it.

"I hope you enjoy your last week of freedom Fleetway and Sonic cause I'm going to make you wish that I killed you," I said to myself.

No pov~

As everyone made it back to the base Zonic and Zhadow were greeted with an uproar of all the Zone cops welcoming back their two leaders "Shadow you came back" Tails said giving him a hug as tears threatened to come down his face "I promised I would" he replied hugging him back as he whipped the stray tears coming down his cheeks.

"But now we need to plan on how to save Sonic" Shadow said turning to everyone "listen up, we are Mobius last hope to defeat Mephiles and Fleetway, the world is counting on us to take back our freedom, but first we must find their location... Does anyone have any ideas on where they could be?" Shadow asked looking to everyone.

"There have been citings in Green Hill both of Mephiles and Fleetway, their last citing was three weeks ago, but I've just gotten word Mephiles has returned to that citing" one of the Zone cops replied.

"Thank you, any word on Fleetway's where abouts?" He asked "none so far" the cop answered, "very well, everyone stay on the lookout if you happen to see Fleetway on his own do your best to capture him, if you're on your own, I advise you to call for back up don't try to play the hero understood?" Shadow questioned everyone "yes sir," they all said in unison as they took their leave.

"That was impressive Shadow," Zhadow complimented as both him and Zonic came up to him, he nodded as he walked away heading to the conference room causing the others to follow.

Once everyone was in the room Shadow spoke "Zhadow, I need you to tell us how Fleetway was tripped within Sonic?" he asked wanting to know everything he knew "why, what are you planning?" Zhadow gave him a questionable look.

"If we can separate Sonic from Fleetway that could give us the advantage we need to take them both down" Shadow answered "the only way you can separate them, is by a Guardian, and need I remind you their all whipped out" he replied.

"Actually, I can separate them" everyone looked to Knuckles "before my people vanished I managed to learn how to separate two souls trapped within each other, but it takes a lot of focus to separate two powerful beings, so this would need to be done at Angel Island" Knuckles explained shocking everyone.

"Why didn't you mention this before?" Rouge asked with annoyance "well I didn't think the plan was to release that psycho from Sonic till now, it's not just something simple as using chaos... It's dangerous if it's not done right" he explained.

"He's right... If not done correctly Sonic prime could lose his life" Zhadow cutted in, with this new information Shadow felt his blood go cold everything resulted in his mate possibly losing his life.

"Ugh isn't there any way that doesn't involve my mate almost dying?" Shadow asked with anger in his voice "I'm sorry Shadow, but it's either that book or releasing Fleetway from Sonic, the only one who would have better answers is Sonic himself and he isn't here" Knuckles stated looking down.

Shadow just sighed turning away from everyone "Shadow... I know this is hard for you, but... Sonic is my big brother and I-I don't want to lose him either, but we have to do something, and for how well I know him. I'm sure he's coming up with his own plan if he hasn't already" Tails tried to reassure him while expressing how he feels.

They were all interrupted when Scourge and Sonic Boom came in "where have you two been? Scourge I told you, to stay here to let that arm heal" Rouge exclaimed "I'm fine, but I think I've found away to get Sonic back" Scourge said looking at Shadow, as he turned facing him.

"What are you talking about?" Shadow asked questioningly as they all waited for him to answer "I found Fleetway in a house on the outskirts of the city, and I learned something, he is not trying to harm blue in any way. He is trying to protect him" Scourge stated, "protect him... how?" Zhadow asked curious about where this was going.

"Fleetway wants to whipe out every imperfection in the world because the echidna's killed the one he cared about... This isn't about world domination it's him getting revenge" he explained causing everyone to be shocked.

"So you mean to tell us, he joined that psychotic creep just to get free and take out his revenge on the whole world because his love died" Silver exclaimed "well it sounds more simple when you put it like that," he said.

"Did he say anything else?" Tails asked wanting to know more "he's willing to let me show him the good in the world, I'm hoping to turn him against Mephiles," Scourge told them as they all looked at him with hope, concern, and disbelief "are you sure you can get him on our side?" Shadow asked hesitant about the situation.

"If blue could get you to not destroy the planet I'm sure I can get him to not destroy the world," he said with confidence "fine I'm trusting you to do this don't make me regret it" and with that Shadow left the room while everyone just stared blankly "what just happened?" Amy asked "I just got stripes to agree on sparing Fleetway, if I can not only help him get blue back, but get Fleetway onto our side" Scourge answered.

"I hope this works otherwise we're doomed" Blazed commented "Don't worry, I'm meeting with him tomorrow, he is still hiding out at that house," he said.

"Scourge if you don't mind can I put this mic in your jacket?" Tails asked walking up to him "uh... Sure what for?" He replied "well if you're going to visit him tomorrow I want to know everything he tells you so I can document it" Tails explained as he hooked it up in his jacket "there now we can learn more about him and have a better understanding" Scourge nodded as everyone started to leave waiting to find out what tomorrow brings.