Chapter | 1

Aliana had been living with Jude for six days now. His wife was dead while his daughter was at college. He had taught her how to hold a spoon, how to turn on the TV, even how to brush and take a bath, and so many others. Aliana could remember the first human food she tasted, a pancake drowned with chocolate syrup. Heaven.

They had gotten her registered in her new school, Preston High. Aliana couldn't wait for school on Monday, she was so excited.

It was a Sunday afternoon, and Aliana was the only one at home. Jude had gone out earlier that morning. She was in her room when she heard a knock on the door, she went downstairs to open it. She saw a girl about her age, she had long brown hair, dark brown eyes, short lashes and full eyebrows, a button nose, and a round face.

“Hi, I'm your next-door neighbour, ” the girl greeted.

“Hi, actually my uncle is not around,” Aliana said. Jude had told her to tell anybody that came to visit that he was her uncle.

“I came to see you,” The girl smiled.

“Okay, come in.”

She took her inside and offered her a seat, she brought two cold drinks for them. The girl started the conversation first, her mother had told her, Mr. Jude had brought his niece home. The girl's name was Lillian Maxwell, she was seventeen- The same age as Aliana- she had two younger ones; Patrick and Patricia who are twins. Aliana found out they would both be attending the same school.

They spent the whole day chatting and making jokes until Lillian had to go home, but she promised they would go to school together tomorrow.

Monday finally arrived. Aliana woke up in the morning, took her bath, and wore a pair of blue jean trousers, and a blue top, she put on her black jacket with pink sleeves since it was a little cold outside before putting on her canvas. She put her hair up in a ponytail, wore her bracelets, and then placed the mirror her brother gave her in her backpack.

She ate her breakfast, took her phone, and bade Jude goodbye. She walked out of the house and was about to go to Lillian's house when she heard something vibrate in her bag. She checked and saw it was her mirror, she went to the back of the house where nobody could see her, then opened the mirror. Her brother's smiling face was revealed.

“Hello, baby sis.”

“Hello brother, how are you and everyone?”

“We are all fine, how are you? How is the human world?”

“The human world is awesome,” Aliana replied then proceeded to tell him all about her experience.

Triden scrunched his nose in disgust. “ You made friends with a human? Did you eat their food? Yuck!”

“Lillian is not cruel and their food is tastier than ours, as a matter of fact,” Aliana retorted. “I have to go now, if not I will be late for school.”

Trident's eyes widened in horror. “ School?! You're going to school?!”

“I will talk to you later, bye.”

“Bye.”

She closed the mirror and then placed it back in her bag, she came out from the back of the house to see Lillian was about to knock on her door. She was wearing a white top, a short jeans skirt, and a dark blue jacket, and she let her hair fall freely down her back. Aliana walked up to her and together they entered Lillian's car. Her driver would be taking them to school.