Chapter | 11

Part one

Jacksons Mansion

It was late at night, and Cole's family had gone to visit a friend leaving only Cole at home. He walked into the bathroom, took a quick shower, wore his clothes then brushed his teeth.

After he was done, he looked at his reflection in the mirror. He looked like a mess. His hair was scattered on his head, he had eyes bags under his eyes; proof that he hasn't had a good night's sleep.

He placed his hands on the sink, sighing, as he thought about how Aliana had confessed her love to him, there was no doubt that he also had feelings for her, but there was no way he was telling her that.

He splashed water on his face twice and dried it with a towel. He opened the door of the bathroom, only to be shocked to see Calista standing before him. She blew a white substance to his face and he blacked out.

Lillian had finished tucking the twins in bed - her parents had gone on a date leaving her at home with the kids - and was about to go to her room when she heard a knock on the door.

Who could it be at this time? She thought.

She opened the door to see;

"Jane, what are you doing here?"

Jane blew a white substance from her palm to her face and she blacked out.

Cole and Lillian were tied to trees with a black magical rope in a clearing with trees surrounding them. They were still unconscious.

"The blood of the one she loves the most from Cole and the blood of a virgin from Lillian," Brenda said observing them. "Perfect!" she clasped her hands together.

"What of the mermaid?" Jane asked.

Brenda turned to the twins. "We send a message to her."

Aliana was in her room sleeping. She had a dream that she was in a clearing looking around. The clearing was surrounded by trees and girls dressed in black dresses with red scarf tied around their heads. That's when she saw Brenda and the twins. She later saw her friends tied to a tree. She tried to run to them but there was a barrier stopping her.

"Come mermaid, come. Come, if you want to save your friends," the forest whispered to her.

She woke up sweating and panting. Could her friends be in danger? She got up from the bed and changed into casual clothes before sitting back down on the bed.

Closing her eyes, she tried to picture the clearing she saw in her dream in her mind. Focusing hard, she got the picture. She felt a really strong breeze sizzling around her. Later the breeze stopped, and she opened her eyes to find herself sitting in the clearing.

She saw the trees Lillian and Cole were tied to, they had already regained consciousness. She was about to run to them when she was stopped by a voice.

"We meet again."

She turned around to see Brenda, beside her were the twins.

"What do you want?" Aliana asked.

"I want your breath of life," Brenda replied.