Chapter | 5

Three weeks later, Cole came to the kitchen where his mother was making cupcakes with his sister; Charlie, who was sitting on the kitchen counter. He picked a cupcake from the tray on the table, went to the parlour, picked the remote, and pressed the On button on the TV. He swung himself over the couch and relaxed.

"Cole!" His mother called from the kitchen. "How many times have I told you to stop jumping on my couch?"

"Sorry, I can't hear you due to the sound from the TV!" Cole replied.

His mother just shook her head and continued with what she was doing because she knew he heard her perfectly well. Just then they heard a knock on the door.

"Charlie?" Rihanna called.

"Alright I'm going, I'm going. Geez!" she exclaimed, as she angrily got down from the counter, murmuring to herself as she went to open the door. She opened the door to see a white-haired girl standing before her.

"Hi, I came to see Cole," Aliana said.

"Cole!" Charlie called out. "Your girlfriend is here."

"Actually, I'm not his..."

But charlie had already walked away, Cole came to see her at the door.

"Hi Aliana, what are you doing here, and who gave you my address?" he asked, surprised.

"You forgot your physics textbook with me and James gave me your address," Aliana explained.

She handed over the textbook and was about to leave when he said;

"Don't go, why don't you come in and meet my family."

She agreed. They went to the kitchen where his mother and charlie were. They looked at her when they walked in.

"Aliana, meet my mom and my little sister, Charlie," he introduced.

"Hi, Mrs. Jackson, Hi charlie."

They responded to her greetings.

"Oh Aliana, Cole has told us a lot about you," Rihanna said as she removed the last set of cupcakes from the oven.

Aliana was surprised. "He has?"

"Yeah," Charlie answered. "Like the time he saw a beautiful white-haired girl and was about to try to get together with you, but found out you're such a jerk. Then the chemical solution that blasted on your faces, he said you looked so adorable and he said you look cute when..." her rambling was interrupted when Cole shoved a cupcake in her mouth.

"Don't listen to her, she loves talking nonsense," Cole said to Aliana before throwing a subtle glare at his sister.

"Rihanna, have you seen my car keys?" Cole's dad asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"Hi, Mr. Jackson." Aliana greeted.

"Oh hey there em..." he trailed off.

"Aliana," she completed and earned a quick nod from him.

He saw his key on the kitchen counter and picked it up.

"I will be back in the evening, see you guys later," he said, before walking out of the house.

Cole turned to the mermaid. "Want to watch a movie?" he asked.

"Yeah sure," she replied.

After the chemical explosion, Cole and Aliana had been made to work together in other practicals, thereby bringing them closer and making them friends.

7.00 Clock P.M,

Friday Night Aug 11

Aliana had just finished bathing, she wore a red flora dress, her brown leather jacket, her brown knee-length boots, and did her hair in a side fishtail braid. She took her black purse and the present she got for Cole before going to Lillian's house.

She knocked on the door and waited patiently. A minute later, Lillian came out in her knee-length black dress, which had to lace long sleeves with a sweetheart neckline. She was holding a present in her hand. She locked the door and then turned to face Aliana.

"Hi Aliana, you look stunning," she commented.

"So do you," Aliana said. "What of your parent? Are they around?"

"No, they went to go see a movie with the twins. Shall we?"

"We shall."

They entered the car as Lillian gave the driver Cole's address and they made their way to Cole's eighteenth birthday party.

As they reached the house, they saw different cars packed outside the gate and inside the compound. They got out of the car and told the driver to come to pick them up at 10 p.m.

They knocked on the door and a girl opened it for them. They walked inside. Soft music was playing in the background, the couches had been moved to God knows where giving more space for the party. Different kinds of food and drinks were placed on a table at one corner and of course, wine for grown men and women- Cole's dad and mum's friends and colleagues.

They saw Cole with his friends and other teens laughing. He was dressed in a maroon suit with black pants and polished black cover shoes. His hair was neatly gelled black, he was looking devastatingly handsome. The two girls went over to him.

That same night, A man was walking down the road when he heard strange sounds from behind him. He looked back but he saw no one, he started walking again when he heard that sound again. This time, when he looked back, he saw two pairs of red eyes staring back at him and he quickly took to his heels.

He stopped running later and stood still panting. When he looked back, he saw nothing and breathed a sigh of relief. He faced his front and was met with the same pairs of red eyes, he fell to the ground out of fright and began pleading for his life.

The two figures that stood before him, were dressed in black, and the hood of their black cloaks was worn over their faces so that only their nose and lips could be seen. One of them held a knife.

"We need something of yours," they spoke evilly.

They brought down the knife and a shrill scream broke the silence of the night.

[Vote | Comment]