Chapter | 9

Aliana, how was the exam today?” Jude inquired, as she entered the house.

“It was fine, thank you. I will be downstairs in a minute,” she said, as she climbed the stairs.

Aliana entered her room, she looked at Millie who was sleeping in her fish bowl. She went to the bathroom, filled the bathtub with warm water then went to the room to take off her clothes before going to lie in the bathtub.

It was their last day of school since they finished their exams today. There were posters of prom on the walls of their school hallway. It was going to take place next Saturday night.

Aliana didn't know anything about prom, so Lillian promised to tell her everything later in the day.

“Prom is an event that is planned after the third term in school by our teachers and principal. Some parents also contribute. It is done before the graduation of the final students to enjoy their last time at the school with their friends. A guy takes a girl as his date to prom. Everyone dresses in beautiful clothes, and there is a lot of drinks and food,” Lillian explained, as she and Aliana discussed later that evening at Aliana's house.

“Sounds exciting.”

“It's really fun.”

They spent a lot of time talking about other things. It was getting late, and Lillian looked at her watch.

“I have to go. It's getting late and Jake is picking me up for dinner.”

Aliana smiled. She always knew that Jake and Lillian had always been attracted to each other. Lillian left the house. Aliana was about to change into her pajamas when she heard a knock on the door. She wondered who it was, she wasn't expecting anyone and Jude wasn't around. He was at a business meeting. She went downstairs and opened the door.

“Cole? What are you doing here?” she asked in surprise.

“Won't you let me in?” he questioned, smiling.

She gave way for him to come in, then she shut the door.

“Nice house,” he complimented, as he looked around.

“Thanks.”

He turned to her and stretched out his hands. “These are for you.”

It was then Aliana noticed he was holding a bouquet of rose flowers and the other hand held a heart-shaped box of chocolate.

Aliana smiled and collected it, her cheeks slightly tinted pink. “Thank you, they are beautiful.”

“Not as beautiful as you,” Cole murmured, absentmindedly.

“What did you say?”

“Nothing,” he quickly responded.

They went to make themselves comfortable on the couch, Cole asked Aliana to be his date to the prom and she agreed.

They sat in comfortable silence until Cole said, “Aliana, you know we're friends right and you can tell me anything?”

“Yeah, why do you ask?”

“Is there more to your physical looks and you?” he questioned.

She immediately tensed up. Why is he asking this now? she thought.