Chapter | 8

Aliana glared up at Brenda. “What do you want?”

There was silence before Brenda burst out laughing. Aliana was confused, wondering what was so amusing.

“What do I want? Are you seriously asking me what I want?” She was no longer smiling. “I want you to stay away from Cole, he's mine. We are made for each other,” she hissed, saying the word very slowly.

Aliana raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow. “The last time I checked, I don't remember Cole saying he has a girlfriend. He never mentioned you in any of our conversations,” she retorted.

Brenda became very furious that she gave the mermaid a dirty slap.

“You don't talk when I'm talking,” she said in anger.

Aliana snorted, ignoring the sting on her cheek. “And who are you to tell me that?”

Brenda smirked.  “Well, I have power over fire and darkness. Have you ever heard of the name, Galdna?”

Aliana thought for a while before her eyes widened and then she narrowed them in disbelief.

“You're lying. Galdna was killed thousands of years ago.”

History of Galdna,

thousands of years ago.

Galdna was a beautiful mermaid with long brown hair, the brightest blue eyes, and a golden tail. She was one of the most beautiful mermaids in Emarok.

Galdna was a maid in the palace, she served the queen and her two daughters. The two princesses were jealous of Galdna because of her beauty. The princesses tried so hard to get her in trouble, but she always seemed to get out of it. So they decided to deal with her twin brother to get to her.

Galdna had only one sibling, her twin brother; Galdin. Their parents died when they were toddlers so the queen took them in, to work for her. Galdin was a trained warrior and guard in the palace.

So one day, the eldest princess asked Galdin to teach her how to fight to defend herself in the worst situations. He had first declined but after much persuasion, he decided to teach her. After all, he couldn't refuse his princess.

While they were training, the princess saw Galdin was not looking at her, so she used the opportunity to execute her plan. She used her sword to make a deep cut on her tail. She screamed in pain getting the attention of Galdin.

He rushed to her, collected her sword, and asked what happened. The other princess who was watching everything go according to plan went to inform the guards about it. Galdin was brought before the queen and was asked to explain what happened.

He told the queen everything but the princess changed the whole story and claimed that Galdin had wanted to kill her. The queen believed her daughter and was furious. Galdin tried to plead with the queen, but she had already decided that he should be killed.

After her brother was killed, Galdna was locked in the prisoners' cells because she also had to pay for her brothers ‘Crimes’. She was supposed to be locked in there for twenty years and be tortured. But after seven years, she escaped.

Her main objective was to get revenge for herself and her brother, but she couldn't go against the royals because they had powers and she didn't. So she decided to go to these spiritual beings, called the Guardians of the sea.