Chapter 3 Getting to know one another

The Doom Slayer's POV

We arrived at an open area. I got my shotgun ready because I knew that there was a gore nest somewhere close. I turned to Samus and said.

The Doom Slayer: Are you ready?

Samus Aran: Ready as I'll ever be.

And with that I jumped down and activated the gore nest. Tons of demons appeared around us and I started to attack them. I took out two Hell Knights with my assault rifle as Samus was killing some possessed and Imps.

The Doom Slayer: That was all of them.

Samus Aran: Yeah, is seems so.

After a few minutes of walking she asked me a question.

Samus Aran: So what's your name?

The Doom Slayer: That is not important right know, I will tell you later, when I trust you.

I whispered the last part so she doesn't understand.

Samus Aran: Ok. So what happened to you, the legends said that you disappeared after the third demon invasion?

I was surprised.

The Doom Slayer's Thought: There is a legend of me.

The Doom Slayer: I locked myself into Hell to stop any more invasions.

Samus Aran: Wow that must have been difficult to keep up for a long time?

The Doom Slayer: I kept it up for some Thousands or Hundred thousands of Years.

She was shocked at this fact.

Samus Aran: You are Thousands of years old? You don't even look a day over 20

The Doom Slayer: No, Trillions of Years old.

Samus Aran: How is that possible you didn't disappear Trillions of Years ago.

The Doom Slayer: Time works differently in different times in Hell. Sometimes an hour here is a year there and other times an hour there is a Year here. It's too complicated even for me.

Samus Aran: Well that explains somethings.

The Doom Slayer: We're here.

We were met with dead man at a desk with a hand Panel. I moved the man's hand to the Panel and the system responded with.

System: Access Granted, access overwritten. 

Then Hayden's voice came back.

Dr.Samuel Hayden: I have blocked access to the satellite, come to the mainframe and I will give you want.

The Doom Slayer's Thought: What a jerk.

Samus Aran: Well that was unnecessary

I only responded by leaving the room and heading for the mainframe. On our way we found some groups of demons to suck the life out of. I found a Rocket launcher in a corner. We passed some more doors and then we arrived at the mainframe. I activated the satellite and then came a video massage from Hayden.

Dr.Samuel Hayden: The Satellite has been rerouted but it seems to be too late. It can't stop the power of the tower.

Samus Aran: Isn't there another way to stop it?

Dr.Samuel Hayden: There is, you must remove the argent energy filters to close the portal. But before you go. It's a gift. Take it, it will give you strength, help you on your journey, if you can survive the power surge.

I grabbed the Argent cell and smashed it in my hand. Samus seemed to look surprised by this. Then Hayden said.

Dr.Samuel Hayden:I will activate other Argent cells in the area for you.

And with that he was gone.

Then a voice came in our suits and said.

Vaga: Hello, I am Vega, The AI of this facility, on the top right of you visor you will see the weapon improvement units, you will acquire them according to your battle prowess.

Samus Aran.: Hello Vaga, Thanks.

Vega: Hello Ms.Aran.

I did not respond. Then she yawned a little, so I asked.

The Doom Slayer: Are you tiered?

She said no but I responded with.

The Doom Slayer: Rest up, you need the strength, I will guard for demons.

Samus Aran: What about you?

The Doom Slayer: I do not need rest.

After that she went to a corner of the room and sat on the floor and leaned against the wall and said.

Samus Aran: I presume you will tell me why you don't need rest later right?

I simply nodded. Then I heard her stomach rumble.

The Doom Slayer: Wait here, I think I saw a vending machine back there.

And with that I left without letting her respond. I found the vending machine intact, so I took of the glass and too everything and stored it for later. I went back and gave her some energy bars and a bottle of water and I sat next to her. After she was finished she said.

Samus Aran: Let me guess you don't need food and water either?

I nodded

Samus Aran: Thanks by the way.

And then she just closed her eyes and rested her head on my solder and fell asleep. For some reason, I liked when her head was on my shoulder, it gave me an emotion that I have never felt for a long time now.

The Doom Slayer's Thought: Could it be?! No!

I shook the thought away and drifted off.