32~ |The Wandering Eyes| (REWRITTEN)

"I thought you said this locket was a waste of money

"I thought you said this locket was a waste of money. Then why did we end up buying two instead of one?" asked Yibo when they stepped out of the jewelry shop.

"Well..."

Zhan decided to turn a blind eye to his money-saving theory and bought Yibo an identical locket. The necklace design was the same, only different in color. Yibo's locket was gold, whereas Zhan's was silver.

The two lovebirds finally had their love tokens around their necks as if to announce to the whole world that they were taken entirely.

"Well?"

"I figure we both need it. Besides, most lovers nowadays got a pair of matched items to show off their relationship. Something like matching t-shirts and shoes. As for us, we have these," said Zhan, taking out the locket from inside his shirt and showing it to Yibo.

"I'm happy to get to mark you as mine with this necklace. We'll see if anyone dares to approach you anymore," Yibo's face turned solemn, which made Zhan chuckle.

"Don't worry. Even if they do, I'll open this locket and show them our photos. They'll back off automatically knowing they can't be compared to my boyfriend here," Zhan beamed. "I'm glad we stopped by the photo booth first."

He knew it was a cheesy thing to say, but he didn't care. He needed a diversion to stop his mind from thinking about Yibo having to leave one day.

"That's good," said Yibo with a proud smile. "Or, I can mark you all over your neck. You can use that as proof that you're taken."

"Err...I think this locket is enough."

"Are you sure? You may forget to wear this locket one day. Maybe hickeys can help. Don't worry. I'll give you plenty of them tonight."

"No, thank you. It is really not necessary."

"You're in no position to say no, sweetie."

"You perverted elf king, how could一."

"So, where are we off to next?" asked Yibo, cutting off Zhan's complaint, diverting his attention to a different topic, to which was a success.

"I'm craving sweets. Do you want some shaved ice?" It didn't take long for Zhan to reply, for he listened to the sound of his stomach calling.

"What is that?"

Oh right, Yibo had never tried shaved ice yet. Zhan thought to himself.

"Well, shaved ice is an ice-based dessert made by shaving a block of ice. Then, they coated it with sweet syrup. It can be chocolate syrup or strawberry or else." He wrecked his brain, trying to find words to explain to the elf king.

"Shaved ice," repeated Yibo." Shaved? Is it the same as what we've been doing once every few days?"

"Huh? What is it that?"