Maybe first impressions are bit overrated anyway?

I would rather die of passion than boredom.

'Who the fuck are you?'

Only moments earlier was Dorothy spying on the house, walking around it, wondering in all of natures glory why the hell it was in her woodlands.
After practically attacking the door with her fist, it swung open to reveal the barrel of a gun.
Charming.

If she was being honest; Dorothy had never been held at gunpoint, and therefore had no idea how to deal with the situation she was now in.
Though passionate in her initial quest to give the owner of this house an earful, it felt as though now all her strength had diminished.

'Do I walk away and apologise quickly or continue to further anger whoever felt it justified to put a gun to my face'
To anyone else, it might've been a stupid question to consider, but her thoughts were serious and she was stuck between the two.

While deciding her reaction, the man in question spoke up again, "eh? Answer me."

Now only able to gape in disbelief, her facial expression filled with fearful determination, an oxymoron within itself.
The cogs turning in her brain, now stuttering to a halt as she heard the distant calls of police whistles; "now that's very strange," her mind was wandering in different directions.

Without any more words, he pulled her into the house, quickly determining she was not a threat and shut the door.
Dorothy, still not having said a word, let out incoherent stutters and gave the man an incredulous look.

Dorothy noted he had a strange air about him, it seemed like he commanded the air around him and demanded everyone's eyes to be on his. Not the kind of person she liked hanging around much.

He grabbed her by the shoulders and bent down to eye-level:
"Oi! Look at me, ok? Look at me." She did, only now coming back to reality, scared out of her wits. She herself didn't know why, but she chose to listen to what he had to say, "ok, there are police, coming this way, they are going to knock on that door there, and you are going to answer. They will ask you questions about a man coming through here; you are going to say you've seen nothing and get them to leave. Ok?" He spoke in harsh whispers that frightened her. Her anger gone, now she only trembled in her wellies, a ringing in her ears.

After she had registered his words, she felt very much inclined to do as he said; nodding her head.
He pushed her towards the door and took off for the next room, checking his gun on the way around the corner.
8 chambers. 8 bullets. Probably not enough to get all of them, but enough to get away.

Keeping a steady eye on the girl who had seemed to march in at the wrong place and wrong time, he had no sympathy for her, as a matter of fact, had no sympathies of any kind.

Though he hid it well, a brief moment of panic set in when an even more violent sound raptured on the door; "Birmingham police!" A nasally voice sounded through the hard oak. He peered around the corner, just enough to see her eyes almost watering.

Dorothy opened the door and a police man stepped up; "hello Miss, we were wondering if you have seen anything suspicious around these parts?"
Swallowing her nervousness, she stayed calm, though the buzzing in her ears kept her on edge.
"No officer, what kind of suspicious activity should I be looking for?" She lied smoothly. Scared out of her wits, feeling an abhorrent amount of guilt for lying.

The officer stiffened; he knew that rumours spread horribly around these parts of the city,
"Never mind that Miss." The copper paused for a second, she seemed startled and shifty,
"Everything alright, Miss?"
She viciously nodded her head. Though suspicious, he let the thought go.
"Sorry for the disturbance, enjoy your evening." The nasally man left along with his colleagues, stalking into the setting sun.