"You have shoes that need lacing up, and you don't know how to tie a shoelace?"

Mama bore a girl with a gun for a mouth.
Teeth dripping lead,
And lips bleeding red.
Lashes curled for war,
Onyx armour for my eyes.
Tongue waxing lyrical
Of both beauty and battle cries.

Dorothy awoke to the immediate smell of coal, smoke and whiskey. It reminded her of the days when she hung around the cut with her friends as they smoked and drank. Though she didn't, she enjoyed the memory all the same.

It reminded her of the smell of the meadows on a rainy day. It reminded her of the days when you walked past the factories and listened to the sound of the men working. It reminded her of peace. It reminded her of home.

Dorothy, still in her bleary warm state, nuzzled closer to the smell, digging her nose into the gorgeous scent.

It was only when she heard the sound of amused chuckling did her brain decide to start waking up.

Dorothy felt a hand draped around her waist, holding her back and another on the back of her head, stroking her hair slowly.

"You alright there, Bon Bon?"
Dorothy still didn't open her eyes, only snuggling closer to the bed warm feeling that she had.

"Mhmm. 'Mells nice" her voice had a slight lisp which Thomas found himself cooing at.

"That was so fuckin' cute." Thomas' mind screamed at him.

"Thank you, very kind." Dorothy could hear the teasing in his voice.

It was only when her mind caught up with her did she snap her eyes open.
She slowly lifted her head to look up at the voice, and seeing Bubs' face, only inches away from hers gave her a bit of a fright, "Jesus H Christ!" Dorothy's head jolted back, her body falling with her, it was only when she felt the feeling of falling did she realise the full extent of their positions.

Before she fell too far, the arm on her back and her crown, stiffened slightly and she stopped falling a bit, it was a bit useless though because she was already halfway down, though she appreciated the attempt.

It was only when she heard the howl of laughter did she fall completely as the grip on her back softened and she fell to the floor with an "oomph."

"Ah shit, Bonny!" Thomas cackled with laughter, his head thrown back, "I didn't mean to let go of you!" Thomas continued to belt out long roars of laughter and soon Dorothy found herself laughing as well.

After they had finally sobered you, Dorothy wiped her eyes, giggling slightly, "what's the time, Bubs?"

"Uhhh, 6:30." Thomas soon found himself dreading the fact that she was going to have to leave soon.

He knew he could see her again, of course. But a part of him still told him to let her go. She would be safer without him. But Thomas Shelby was nothing if not selfish.

And Bonny was his. And Thomas did not share.

"Ah, well I should probably get a move on!" Dorothy also found herself a bit melancholy about the fact that she had to leave this small house of bliss and peace. Though she knew she'd see Bubs again. They were friends still, right?
She didn't care who he was.

"I'll walk you back then, don't want you toppling down Hampton Lane. People might get the wrong idea seeing you passed out in the streets." Thomas tried to convince her.

"You don't need to walk me, I'm very capable, I'll have you know. But I'll let you just because I like you so much." Dorothy grinned stubbornly.

Thomas would never admit it, but his heart swelled a bit at her words.