The story will always glorify the hunter until the lion learns to write.

It takes great courage
To see the world
In all its tainted glory,
And still to love it.

"You're Dorothy Monroe, right?" John clapped his hands and pointed at her. Grinning proudly to himself.

"Yeah! You're John, we used to be in the same year at school!" Dorothy shook his hand as the two grinned at each other.

"Right! Youse used to be readin' all day?" The two seemingly forgot about the rest of the family who were watching the exchange in silence.

"Yeah. You used to play footie. I remember you guys' ball smacked me in the face when we were 9." Dorothy prodded his chest playfully.

"Ah really? I don't remember. Probably was us." John threw just head back with laughter.

The rest of the family watched the two get re-aquatinted with each other. Acting like old friends even though they never really exchanged words. Dorothy had a habit of making people feel comfortable, maybe too comfortable.

Thomas stood stock still behind Dorothy, he was in complete speechlessness. He repeated her name like a mantra in his head. He couldn't process it at all.

The family settled in chairs after Dorothy shook hands with Esme and exchanged smiles. Polly sat with Finn cuddled in her side and Arthur sat on a lone chair with a cigar in his mouth. Ada sat with a book in her lap, chipping in to conversation every now and then. Esme sat in Johns lap; Dorothy smiled at the cute and happy couple.

Dorothy sat in the love seat. She thought Thomas was going to join her, but he just stayed still standing up by the door to the corridor, seemingly in his own world.

The family talked and threw banter at each other. Soon enough the booze was cracked open and a glass was given to Dorothy, even though she didn't drink. The family exchanged cheers and the conversation flowed more.

This family was nothing like the rumours made them out to be. Right now, they were just another family, in another home, enjoying their night.

"You haven't touched your drink, Dear. Is something wrong?" Polly spoke in the lull of conversation.

"Oh, I'm very sorry but I don't really drink. Isn't good for my health." Dorothy sheepishly smiled. She felt pathetic denying the drink, but quickly enough it was taken out of her hand and downed by Arthur who gulped it in one.

Polly tutted at her nephews antics and smiled at the nervous girl. "So how did you and Tom meet. You clearly don't hang around in troublesome circles." Polly remarked.

Dorothy took a deep breath and retold the story of the twos meeting. The family laughed and frowned at the story. They went into uproar when Dorothy told them Thomas held a gun to her face. They laughed loudly when they found out that Thomas and Dorothy refused to tell each other their names out of pure stubbornness.

"-so yeah. He was a right git when I first met 'im."
The family chuckled and nodded their heads knowingly.

Polly decided that the girl wasn't so bad, and was maybe quite good for Thomas. As Polly looked around at her family, she saw that Dorothy might just help pull them all along. She was like a little flicker of light off of a candle, stuck in a coal mine- waiting to be something bigger.

She looked over at Thomas who had furrowed brows, he was staring at his feet as if they were the cause of all entropy. She figured that after two months of friendship without knowing her name, then all of a sudden being in the know, might jump start ones mind.

The night continued on, and soon enough, the smell of Polly's roast in the oven alerted everyone that it was time to eat soon.

Dorothy had partook in some friendly conversation with Esme. The girls, while being wildly different, had a few things in common. Dorothy told Esme that she too, came from a Romani family on her dads side.