"What does an ant on our planet know about our cities?"

I do not love the sword for its sharpness,
Nor the arrow for its swiftness,
Nor the warrior for his glory,
I only love what they defend.

"Poof"
The sound of the hazardous looking camera sounded. Dorothy turned away from tacking up the horse in front of her, to see Thomas with a cheeky grin on his face, staring at a sheet of film paper.

"Bubs..." Dorothy narrowed her eyes.

"Hello Bonny. How're you today?" He kept that stupid grin on his face.

"What did you just do?" She already knew what he had done, but for the sake of wiping that stupid grin off his face, she wanted him to admit it.

But for some unknown reason, that didn't work either. Instead, his grin only widened as he continued to stare at the photo paper and soon enough tuck it into his waistcoat. "You ready then?"

And before Dorothy had time to protest, Thomas swung his leg around and mounted dark brown stallion next to Dorothy's chosen one.

She only huffed and then turned back to her horse. She was leading the horse out of the stables, towards the general farm area where a few workers milled about.

"... are ya gonna get on the horse?" Thomas watched on amusedly.

"I will in a second, I just need to find a hay bail or something I can use to stand on. He's a big boy, and I don't have any upper body strength.

Thomas sighed and rustled about on his horse behind her. Without much warning, two hands grabbed her waist and heaved her up onto the hazel mare. She squealed and kicked a bit until she realised that it was Thomas who had in fact lifted her up, and not a random man who she didn't know the name of.

Either way, she didn't appreciate being man-handled, "gee, thanks Bubs." She glared down at where he stood.

He only tipped his cap and walked back to his horse, "anytime, Princess."

Dorothy whipped her head back facing forward to hide the hotness in her face. "Get a move on, then." She mumbled quietly.

The two strode past Birmingham and farther out a field. They travelled up hills and admired great oak trees. Soon enough they came across a flat and vast area of land.

"I'll race ya to the birch tree and back!" Dorothy smirked competitively.

"You're on." Thomas quipped. Without another word, they booked it off on their horses, settling into canters.

The sound of hooves pounding on the ground was loud and left a ringing in ones ears. But all Dorothy could focus on was the target and the sound of her breathing.

All she had was tunnel vision as her eyes zeroed in on the birch tree. She leaned further forward in the stirrups. "C'mon love." She heard herself saying.

The feeling of the horse moving underneath her. It's body writhing and flexing. She nearly got whiplash when they raced around the birch in one sharp turn.

She had no idea where Thomas was. She couldn't even think about him as she dug her feet further into the stirrups. As she raced back up the hill again, she encouraged the horse into a gallop.

Her hair was flowing out behind her. The ribbon had come loose. The wind was rushing past her ears and it whipped at her face, but she never flinched once.

Quickly enough, Dorothy came to a stop at the top of the hill, and her vision cleared up.
"I think I won." Dorothy was slightly out of breath from the tense experience.

"Let's call it a draw." Thomas muttered. He knew she had one.

She leaned forward and patted the horses neck, "Good girl."