Almost There

Chapter 65: Almost There
Adeline

*two years later*

"Move."

"I was sitting here for over-"

"Okay and? I said to move. That's my girlfriend." Easton gestures to me, fixing the collar of his shirt.

The boy sitting next to me moves over a seat and Easton stretches over his legs, plopping down next to me.

"You're late."

"I had things to finish up, jagiya." My boyfriend chuckles, looking over my shoulder. "I missed it?"

"Yeah. It's fine though, it was messy." I giggle, fixing my hair. "Did it go well?"

"Yup, we won."

Easton started playing football again almost a year ago, it was his passion.

Well, his second passion. According to him, I'm his first.

"Baby, I have something for you."

"Show me, show me!"

Bouncing in my seat, I watch as he pull something out of his jacket, holding up a small container.

"It's a corsage. It matches the flower on my shirt." Easton chuckles while tying it around my wrist, inspecting the look. "It looks beautiful on you."

"Thank you."

"Yo, Addy!" Jared yells to me from the dance floor, pushing the girls around him out of his way. "Your boyfriend is here? Bummer."

"What's up?" I yell back to him as he walks closer, holding his hand out for me.

"Since I was here first, and we agreed on first come first serve. Come dance with me."

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

"We'll be announcing the king and queen now. Ready?"

"Just say it already!" One of the boys yell and I roll my eyes, looking at the center of the floor.

"Okay okay. Brianna Miller and Gio Anders!"

"Yes!" Brianna yells from besides me and pushes me over, running up to the teacher.

Two years and she's still the same.

"When will you learn that you actions have consequences?" Easton and Jared mumble in unison and I giggle, looking up at them.

"Wait sorry! I read the wrong section." The teacher adjusts her glasses and turns the card over, reading it again. "The prom king and queen are Easton Kim and Adeline Fawn!"

What?

"I didn't enter our names, I swear." I tell Easton, allowing him to hold my hand.

"A lot people voted for you two. You became the school it couple." Nathan cheers, fist bumping the air.

Brianna scowls at me as I accept the crown and sash, fixing it on my hair.

"My queen?" Easton jokes, bowing and holding his hand out for me. "May I?"

"You may." I curtsy, placing my hand in his.

Before we're able to walk away, Brianna tugs on the sash around my neck, pulling me backwards.

"She doesn't deserve this! I do."

"Let it go, Bri." Marma drones out, checking her nails in boredom.

"Do you guys know that she stole my boyfriend! My reputation! I used to be queen bee."

"You were 'Queen bee' by association. Adeline is, through her personality." Jared makes air quotes around the words, walking around me to release her hold.

"And how did she steal me?" Easton asks her, tightening his hold on my hand. "Last time I checked, you cheated."

"But I- I-" Brianna stutters, looking at Easton. "I had you first."

Lost cause.

"I don't have time for you. Come on, baby."

Easton pulls me off the dance floor, walking straight to our table.

"Can I have your ice cream?" I question, pointing to his bowl.

"It's melted."

I pick his spoon up and lick the dessert, humming in delight.

"It's still cold, give it."

"Anything for you."

He pushes it closer to me before kissing my forehead, making me smile.

"Thanks."

He attempts to kiss my lips and I lean closer for him but we get interrupted by an excited Jared running towards our table, holding a plate in his hands.

"See? This is why your couple goals. Like shit!"

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

Author's Note:

I seriously had writer's block for so long, this chapter only came to my head after not doing my homework.

Wait, I didn't do my homework...

Well, I have to go now! That's all for today.

I didn't edit this chapter either soooo. Yeah.

Have a great day/night! Bye