Seagulls and Chips

June 7th 2019

{HARRY}

I wake up expecting an empty bed, like I usually do. Only this time, I find my arms wrapped around an angel, indicating that last night wasn't a dream. It was perfect, everything was perfect. As much as I wanted it to happen, it's not what I came over expecting. Annie had mentioned a few days ago that she always gets anxious when storms happen. So, when I saw the storm was taking a turn for the worst, I needed to check on her. She was all I could think about and I couldn't rest until I knew she was fine. But then, her, standing so close to me, breathing her in, I couldn't resist.

A moment later her eyes flutter open and she greets me with a groggy, "Good morning."

"Hi." I whisper as I plant a kiss on her forehead, which makes her smile. She pulls her head from its place on my chest and lays a soft kiss on my lips.

"I need coffee." She whispers, her lips still grazing mine.

"We're not supposed to move, remember?" I whisper back.

"Damnit, I forgot."

"Your rules, not mine." I say as I bring her in for another kiss, which she happily accepts. I can't help but smile as a giggle escaped her lips when I roll her over to bring myself on top of her. I'm now certain that last night was in fact a dream that I still haven't woken up from.

"I'm serious!" She giggles as she wrestles from my grasp.

"Nooo, you broke the rules!" I groan, "That's a crime punishable by death."

"Well, if I'm gonna die, at least I'll have had my coffee first." She jokes as she walks away. I think my t-shirt is my new favorite outfit on her. Although, a close second is nothing at all.

I eventually drag myself out bed and meet her in the kitchen, where she's pouring 2 mugs of coffee. One for her and one for me.

"Well, that's very kind of you." I say, as I wrap my arms around her wait and settle my chin into the crook of her neck.

"Oh, you thought one of these was for you?" She jokes as she turns her body to face me. She hands me one of the mugs, "Cream or sugar?"

"I'm good, thanks." I answer. She takes her own mug and pours in a splash of almond milk and mixes in a spoonful of sugar. I take mental note of that if she ever asks me to get her some coffee in the future.

"Wanna come see my morning tradition?" She asks and takes a sip of her coffee.

"I'd love to." She leads me out to her back patio with a beautiful view of the ocean. She's decorated it very plainly, with just a small loveseat, a side table and a few outdoor plants.

"Damn, that's a fantastic view." I mention.

"I know, I basically have to sell organs on the black market to afford it." She jokes and leans into my side. I wrap my arm around her and we both admire the view.

"Your own organs or others?" I ask, playing into the joke.

She looks up at me, "Well, why do you think invited you in? Rent is due in a few days." She plants a kiss on my cheek and goes to settle into the couch behind us.

"So, this is what I do every morning." She explains as I sit next to her. I place my arm over her shoulders and she lays her legs across my lap. "I sit out here and drink my coffee. And today's a lucky day because look-" She points out to where two seagulls are fighting over a chip. She's smiling gleefully at the display.

"You find this entertaining?" I ask, teasing.

"Shut up. I don't have a TV." She laughs.

"I can tell." I joke and lean in to kiss her temple. I poke fun at this, but, honestly, I'd give anything to enjoy moments like this every morning with her.

She stares out at the ocean, except now, she's more pensive and less joyful. She repeatedly taps the outside of her mug with her finger and she's biting her bottom lip, all dead giveaways that she's stressed about something.

"What's going on? You've got something on your mind." I ask.

"How can you tell?" She asks.

"You get fidgety when you're thinking about something."

She takes her eyes off the ocean and looks directly into mine. She studies my face for second and then sighs, "I'm trying to decide if last night was a good idea or not."

"Where's your head at?" I ask, hoping she doesn't decide that it wasn't.

She sighs again, "Harry, I like you a lot. And I've known for a while that there was something here that wasn't just friends." She explains, which sends a flood of relief through my body, "But, I don't know. Adam would kill me if he found out. And I mean, you're here to work on the album. I don't wanna be the reason you don't finish it."

I take a second to decide on an answer. Whatever I said next could be what keeps Annie here with me. "Annie, did you know every song I've written so far is about you?" I ask.

She blushes, "Well, I had a feeling."

"They are. All of them. Even the ones we trashed. So, really, if anything you're the only reason the album is getting done in the first place." I say, which makes her smile, but I'm not finished yet, "Annie, I haven't stopped thinking about you since I got here. I haven't had this feeling about anyone in a while and I don't know what this is between us, but all I know is I don't want it to stop. So yeah, maybe it was a bad idea, but it's the best bad idea I've ever had."

Her head turns and faces me. She thinks for a second, then leans in to kiss me. She wanted this just as badly as I did. "I don't want it to end either." She whispers, "But, I don't want anyone to know. At least, not right now."

"Then they won't know. My lips are sealed." I kiss her again. I can't get enough of her kisses, it's like a drug and I'm loving the high.

"Adam's gonna wonder where you are if you keep spending the night here."

"Oh, so is that an invitation?" I ask, playfully and pull her onto my lap.

"It might be." She says with a smirk on her face.

"Adam's been spending practically every night at Tommy's. The house is pretty much mine and the housekeeper's as far as I'm concerned."

She stares into my eyes for a moment, "Your eyes are really pretty. Has anyone ever told you that?"

"Oh, yeah for sure. That's how I got famous, actually. No one really cares for my music." I joke.

"I do." She smiles.

"And that's enough." We sit and watch the seagulls until one of them eventually gives up and leaves the chip. We could literally be sitting here watching paint dry and I'd just be happy with her company.

{A/N: Hey guys! I just want to take a sec to thank you guys! I'm already up to 220 reads y the time I'm writing this and this book has only been published for like a week! I know that's not very much, but I honestly wasn't expecting anyone to read this, lol. I was also thinking about making a playlist of songs I've mentioned in past chapters and songs that kind of inspired Harry and Annie's relationship, or even songs that I think fit the mood of this story. Is that something you guys would be interested in? Let me know!}