⋅ 01 ⋅

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER ONE
ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏᴠᴇʀ? •

═══════════════╗CHAPTER ONE• ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏᴠᴇʀ? •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

"Why do you keep looking at your phone like if you're waiting for someone to call or something?" Namjoon questions, eyeing you attentively.

You look up from your phone and at him, "I'm not."

"Don't tell me..." Jungkook catches on and sighs. "You're waiting for a text from him, aren't you?"

"What?" You scoff. "No."

"Y/N, you told us you stopped talking to him."

"No, I said I'd try to stop talking to him," You correct him and the two boys roll their eyes. "Guys, it's not that easy, okay?" You sigh softly. "I'm in love with him."

"Yeah, we got that," Namjoon replies. "But you can't keep doing this, Y/N. You're hurting yourself even more by still messing around with him. Can't you see he only wants you when he's drunk?"

"Trust me, Joon, I know that." You answer, annoyed.

"He doesn't deserve someone like you," Jungkook speaks. "You're too good for him... I wish you could see that."

"The more you avoid him, the faster it'll be to move on," Namjoon mentions, dissatisfaction in his tone. "Don't keep doing this to yourself. You're worth so much more."

A smile sneaks up to your lips and you stand up, walking over to the couch across and bear-hugging your two best friends.

"Thanks, guys." You kiss Namjoon's cheek then Jungkook's.

"Cooties!" Jungkook shouts, trying to get away.

You pull away from the hug and slap his upper arm, causing his bunny smile to appear.

"Well, I've gotta go. I have class early in the morning."

"Uni," Namjoon fake gags. "Disgusting. I'm so glad I graduated already."

"We get it, hyung," Jungkook rolls his eyes. "You don't have to remind us every. single. time. we talk about school."

Namjoon smiles shyly, his eyes becoming small and dimples emerging on his cheeks.

"I've got class tomorrow too, so I'll walk out with you," Jungkook says and you nod.

The two of you say goodbye to the blonde boy and leave his apartment. Jungkook and you take the elevator and head down to the parking garage. Then, he walks you all the way to your car.

"I had a good time tonight," Jungkook comments. "I always have a good time with the both of you."

"Me too," You smile at him. "I love having you guys as best friends."

Right. Best friends.

Jungkook thinks.

"Anyway, see you later? Sometime this week?"

The boy nods happily, "Of course."

With one last smile, you open your car door and get in. Jungkook closes it for you and you start the engine. As you pull out of the parking space, Jungkook waves at you goodbye and you wave back.

Since there were no cars, you stop at the parking garage's exit and take out your phone to play some music. A single ding and your phone vibrating in your hands make you look at the top of your screen.

There it was. The message you've been dreading, but longing for at the same time.

 The message you've been dreading, but longing for at the same time

You open it and type a quick 'On my way.'

No. No, Y/N, you can't.

You think, your thumb hovering over the blue arrow.

Remember what Namjoon said. What Jungkook said.

A loud honk behind you startles you, making you flinch. You look into the rearview mirror and see Jungkook laughing in his car. You chuckle softly, flicking him off.

You turn back to your phone and your eyes widen when you see the message you typed out was sent.

Oh, shit. Shit, shit, shit!

The three waiting dots appear, and soon, his message pops up on the bottom of your screen.

Fuck.

━━ ⋅ ✶ ⋅ ━━ ❊ ━━ ⋅ ✶ ⋅ ━━

SURPRISE SURPRISE !!!!
I BET YOU WERENT EXPECTING
THIS UPDATE, HUH ?!

BTW I don't think I made it clear before since I didn't put it in the description, but this is a short story.

N E WAYS, EEK I CANT WAIT FOR YALL TO READ THIS STORY. ITS GON' BE SAAAAADDDD (or at least I hope), so get ready for angst 🤓

 ITS GON' BE SAAAAADDDD (or at least I hope), so get ready for angst 🤓