Chapter 9 - Dirty Magazines

Anjali

"When do you come home for the summer?" Katherine asked me.

"I'm leaving in two weeks and then we'll finally get to see each other in person."

"Have you done anything with Arjun yet?"

"No. I haven't done anything with Arjun! If I had, don't you think I would have told you by now? Plus, I can't get over the fact that he likes dirty magazines!"

"Get over it, Anjali! Every guy likes dirty magazines! Hell, even you like dirty magazines, or you wouldn't have been sneaking around in someone else's drawers, or did you forget that convenient piece."

"That's different, it's not like I have a subscription. It was there, and I was curious."

"Who are you trying to convince me or you?"

"Did I tell you I how much I hate you?" I said.

"Did I tell you we should go to a male strip club this summer? I think if we plan it out well, we can do it. Now I'm curious. It'd be great to see what a naked guy looks like."

"Can't we start with a magazine first?" I said panicking.

"Why when we can see the real thing?" Katherine asked.

"Do you think Arjun's been to one?" I asked shocked.

"I'm sure if he has the magazines, he's been to a strip club, plus don't forget he has an older brother who probably introduced him to it."

Before I could respond, there was a knock on the door.

"Hold on Katherine," I said as I opened the door.

"Oh hey, Arjun," I said as I held the cordless phone to my ear.

"Who's on the phone?" he mouthed.

"Katherine."

"Oh, give me the phone," Arjun said and grabbed the phone before I could respond.

"Hey Katherine – this is Arjun – I feel like I already know you – I've heard so much about you," Arjun said.

I couldn't hear what Katherine was saying on the other line, but whatever she said made Arjun laugh so hard.

I glared at him hoping he'd give me my phone back.

They continued to chat like old friends.

"Listen, next year you should definitely come to Stanford for spring break and we can visit you for our spring break. I'd love to see Penn."

From what I could tell it looked like Katherine agreed because the two of them were making plans.

Finally, Arjun handed the phone back to me. "Hey," I said to Katherine.

"Anjali, I like him. I like him a lot. At least kiss him before you come home for summer break. Make sure he knows you like him, so he doesn't hook up with someone over the summer."

Before I could respond, Katherine said, "Look I gotta go and you've got company!" and then she smooched into my ear and hung up the phone.

I rolled my eyes and then looked at Arjun. "So?"

"So," he said smugly.

"Arjun!"

"Anjali."

"What were you two cooking up?"

He gave me an evil look. "You'll find out in time!"

"Are you ready to go to practice?" Arjun asked, getting serious.