Chapter 16 - Scoop

Anjali – November 1990

I squeezed the phone between my shoulder and chin so I could talk and fold my laundry at the same time.

"Are you going to give me the details?" Katherine asked.

"The details about what?" I asked.

"Don't play innocent with me! The last few times I've called you either haven't been home or you've been frantically getting ready for a date with Arjun, so now spill. It's the weekend and the phone rates are lower so stop wasting time," Katherine demanded.

"There's nothing to tell, we've been going out... a lot. He's sweet, romantic, thoughtful, and funny."

"And?"

"And what?"

"Have you done anything with him?"

I smiled as the crook in my neck started to hurt. I sat on the bed and placed the phone in my hand giving my neck a break. "Yeah, we've done stuff."

"Once again, AND?"

I laughed. "What do you want a play-by-play description?"

"That might be a bit much. Have you stayed over at his place?"

"Yes, just last week."

"Oh, my god! Anjali Malkani did you have sex?"

"Oh My God Katherine – of course not! We've just started dating! Just because I stayed over doesn't mean I had sex with him!"

"You're right you can do a lot without having sex," Katherine laughed.

"Are you planning on having sex with Arjun soon?"

"Katherine, it's only been two months!"

"Okay, is he good?"

"What do you mean is he good?"

"Like does he make you want to have sex?"

"Katherine, you're terrible! Just because you're ready to have sex with Andrew doesn't mean I'm there yet."

"You'll tell me though if you have sex?"

"I'll tell you... eventually!"

"You're mean!"

"You've become horny!"

"You should be horny!"

"Okay, my sex kitten lets change the topic. Are you going home for Christmas? I know you said your parents are thinking of celebrating in Florida this year."

"We are going to Florida for the holidays, which means I won't be able to see you for long, but we have the summer. You are coming home for the summer, right?"

"I don't think my parents will let me not come home for the summer."

"You better come back for the summer – I miss you!"

"I miss you too! I wish you were here with me."

"Ditto, I wish you were here. I wonder what it would have been like if you had attended to UPenn."

"I'd be having hot sex with some senior and making you jealous!"

"You'd be seducing some poor boy with your exotic looks and then you'd dump him once your parents found you a suitable boy," Katherine teased back.

I groaned. "I hope I find my own suitable boy."

"Haven't you already found him?"

"Going on a half dozen dates doesn't turn him into a suitable boy to last a lifetime, you know!"