Chapter 6

~1st month~

Nathan was taking me shopping today. We'd already got most of the baby stuff from when I was pregnant with Luke, so we didn't need to worry about anything til we knew the gender.

Jon of us were ecstatic about the new baby because it wasn't long ago that we lost luke and we were worried about this one. We thought that we might lose this baby too.

We had made an appointment for the first scan which was in 3 weeks, earlier than expected. Once we told them about luke, they want us to go for a scan every 2 months to keep an eye on the babies progress and my health.

We had told our families and they kept telling us to be careful. They were excited but also worried because of what had happened with Luke.

~~

Once Nathan and I arrived in town, we parked the car then went around the shopping centre. We did the big shop before going to look around for more stuff or just to browse.

"Do you want to go for lunch?" Nathan asks as I smile and bod.
"Yeah, sure." I reply as we go to McDonald's.

As soon as we went in, I saw some of my friends from college.

"Eva!" One of the exclaimed as I told Nathan my order and wheeled myself to see my friends.

They all took turns giving me a hug as we started having a conversation.

Soon enough, Nathan came over as I introduced them all.

"Guys, this is my husband, Nathan. Nathan, this is Lily, James, Cameron and Peter." I say as he says hi to them all.
"So, you're married?" Cameron asks as I smile at her.
"Yeah." I reply.
"Kids?" She asks as I look at Nathan, causing him to squeeze my shoulder.
"Umm... We had a boy called Luke. He was premature and passed away about 3/4 months ago. I'm currently pregnant with my second child. I'm in the first month. About 5 weeks." I say as Cameron smiles.
"I hope everything goes well for you guys." She says as we thank her.

Nathan and I exchange goodbyes with my friends before sitting at a different table.

"I got table service and the food should be coming any time soon." He says as I smile and take his hands in mine.
"Do you think we'll be okay..." I teail off, "This time?" I finish as Nathan kisses my knuckles.
"Of course I do. Well be completely fine and so will our baby." He reassures me as our food arrives.

We eat before leaving to go home.

~~

Once we got home, Nathan pushed me into the living room before I pulled myself onto the sofa. Waiting for Nathan to sit beside me, I scroll got onto my Facebook profile and sigh at my cover photo. If was a picture of Nathan holding Luke for the first time.

I smile at it slightly before scrolling done my timeline to see a picture of Jackson and Ethan. I saw that Jackson was holding a clotj of some sort before I saw that he was actually holding a baby in a pink blanket.

"Nath!" I shout as Nathan walks in from the kitchen carrying two cups o  tea.
"Yeah?" He replies as I show him the picture.
"Do you think..." I trail off.
"Yeah." He nods as I message Jackson.

'Hey. Is that yours and Ethans daughter? Congrats if it is xx'

Almost instantly I get a reply.

'Yeah. Her names Emily. We adopted her the other day xx'

I smile at the message and show Nathan.

"Her names Emily. They adopted her the other day. I'm so happy for them." I smile as Nathan kisses my temple.
"You should be. Jackson is your best friend after all." Nathan says as I smile, "He's proud of you, yano?" Nathan says as I look at him.
"What?" I reply as Nathan pulls me onto his lap and wraps his arms round me.
"Jackson. He's proud of you." Nathan replies, "I spoke to him at Lukes funeral. He said how proud he is and he wonders how you're handling everything so well. He knows how hard you've got it and he's so proud." Nathan adds on as I look at him.
"He's proud of me?" I answer and Nathan nods.
"Mhm." He hums as I lay my head on his shoulder.

Jackson has never told me that he's proud of me. He's always kept stuff like that to himself.

I'm proud of you too, Jackson.