Chapter 11

~ 5th Month ~

A few weeks ago, I got a call from my doctor and was told that I needed another scan. Nathan was currently at work so I had to go to the scan on my own. I booked a taxi and had m neighbour help me into the car as the driver put my wheelchair in the boot.

On the drive to the hospital, the drive and I small chatted about the weather and about how life is going. He asked about the baby (due to the bump) and I answered any questions he had.

~~

Once we arrive at the hospital, the driver helped me not my chair as I paid him and thanked him. I wheeled myself into the hospital before signing in and waiting for my doctor.

"Good morning, Mrs. Sykes. How are you feeling?" She asks as I smile.
"I'm good thank you. How are you?" I asked as she nodded.
"I'm good. Are your ready for you scan?" She asks as I nod and follow her into the room, "No Mr. Sykes today?" She asks as I shake my head.
"Umm... No. He had to work." I reply as she gets another 2 doctors to help me onto the hospital bed.
"How far along are you? For the notes." She asks as I nod.
"5 months." I reply as she nods and writes it dwn.
"Okay. Let's see your baby." She says before starting the scan, "Do you want to  now the gender?" She ask as I smile.
"Can i call Nathan so he can know too?" I ask as she nods.

I click on Nathan's number then click facetime.

"Hey baby." He says as I smile.
"Nathan, do you want to see?" I ask as he nods enthusiastically.

I turn the camera round so he can see the screen before pointing the camera at the doctor.

"Hello, Mr. Sykes. I've just asked if you want to know the gender." She says as I turn the camera to me and smile.
"I'd love to know the gender." He says as I smile and nod at the doctor.
"Con gratulations to you both. You have a healthy baby girl." The doctor says as my eyes fill with tears and Nathan covers his face, "I'll leave you too to talk." She says as I nod.
"Nath?" I ask as I see the tears falling from his eyes.
"We're having a girl?" H eask as I nod and smile, "WE'RE HAVING A GIRL!" He shouts as I laugh through my tears.
"Yes. We're having a girl." I smile.
"I want to kiss you so bad right now." He smiles as I blow him a kiss through the camera, "I've got to go back to work but, we will discuss ourbean when I get home, okay?" He says I nod.
"I love you, Nathan." I say as he smiles.
"I love you too, Eva. Speak soon." He says before ending the call as I smile.

The doctor comes back and gives me the scan pictures before I call a taxi to go home.

I can't believe we're having a baby girl.

Our little Kaelynn.