Chapter 9

~ 3rd Month ~

Nathan and I had just gotten back from baby shopping. We went and bought some cute little outfits and some toys for the baby. Even though we don't know the gender, we wanted to start getting set up 6 months early just so we know that we have everything and don't need to rush about and worry too much when we get closer to the baby's due date.

Just as we walk through the door, Nathan's phone starts ringing. He looks at the caller ID and apologises to me before walking outside to take the call. I know from the expression on his face that it's his work and roll my eyes.

I wheel myself into the living room and switch on the TV to see if there was anything on but, as usual, there was nothing good on TV so I switched on the music channel and started listening to the top hits while going through a few of the shopping bags and sorting clothes into one bag and toys into the other.

"Hey, Eva." Nathan says walking in as I turn my head to face him, "I've got to go into work. Joey turned up and they've sent him home because he's sick." Nathan says as I frown.
"But that's the third time this week, Nath. He can't be sick all the time. He's clearly faking it." I say as Nathan shrugs.
"But they won't sack him because he's struggling." Nathan says as I roll my eyes.
"So are we, Nathan. If you weren't good at your job and you were sick all the time, they'd soon sack you." I reply as he shrugs.
"I'm sorry baby." He says before kissing my head, "I'll be home around 6 and I'll do you a nice dinner, okay?" He says as I nod and say bye before going to sort the bags again.

Once I'd finished sorting out the bags, I decided to call my mum and have a good natter about random things and the baby. She decided to come over with Sasha so we could have a proper talk and a cuppa.

~~

Mum made her and myself a cup of tea while Sasha sat on the sofa beside me.

"So, are you excited or still a bit nervous?" My mum asks as I smile.
"Both." I say, "But I have a good feeling about this baby, mum." I say as she nods.
"Stay positive and I have a good feeling too." She says as I smile again.

Mum stays for a good couple of hours before my dad beckons her to go home because him and Thomas are back from work.

Around 6, I was excited for Nathan to come home but, he didn't. By 7, I started to worry about him. It started to get late and he still wasn't home by 9. I heard my phone start to ring and saw it was Nathan. I answered and he started apologising rapidly saying that they kept him late to finish some bodywork and paperwork and that he was on his way.

I didn't mind too much, I was just worried about him.

At leas I knew he was safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So I skipped a month because I was getting bored of doing 2 chapters per month. So I'm doing 1 month per chapter. Sorry I took so long and this book is on SLOW UPDATES because I'm struggling with writer's block once again.

Anyway,

Enjoy

~ C x