5.

The next couple of hours were boring to say the least. After your encounter with the captivating man that Jungkook was, neither Linda nor your phone were able to entertain you well enough anymore. You kept looking through the door he had left, willing him to come back.

He did come back a few more times in between, sometimes to get something and sometimes just to check in. Your heart warmed everytime he dropped by to ask if you needed anything and somehow you convinced yourself that he was giving you extra attentionn even when he has simply doing his job and being nice while at it.

By the time you were finally done, you could hardly recognise myself. Your hair now lay just below shoulder length, cut in the rough and edgy way you always preferred. This time you had opted to go for forehead bangs, another bold choice which might have been inspired by Jungkook. But you weren't letting yourself admit it. You hair was streaked with a dark blue every few inches, strands peeking out from hidden places and standing out against your black hair just enough to be noticeable, but not enough to be distracting.

To say you were satisfied would be an understatement. Jungkook had come in again to wash the dye off your hair and dry them. Again, his gentle fingers surprised you because not once did you feel a harsh tug during the whole process. You both talked more about general things, before diving into music. You were pleasantly surprised to find that you both listened to a lot of the same music, and the topic continued for the next 15 minutes until your hair was done.

As you stared open mouthed at your freshly blowdried hair, Jungkook stood beside you with an encouraging smile.

"Wow." You said first.

"I know right. You look strikingly pretty in this." He complimented you.

You weren't one to blush easily, but you did feel some heat rushing into your cheeks. Jungkook apparently also realised his bold compliment as you noticed the tips of his ears turning slightly red as he averted his eyes soon after.

At that very moment, Linda walked back in and broke the vibe between the both of you. Jungkook was called out again and he left with a little wave.

You got up and looked at yourself in the mirror from multiple angles, taking in your new look.

"I'm so pleased with how this turned out Linda." You praised her. She had very beautifully merged the strands of blue into your hair so that it looked a lot more natural. The cut also complimented your face well, framing it perfectly. Your bangs were the best part though, they somehow made you look cuter and more youthful than before.

"I'm pleased too." She responded gracefully, before launching into an array of praises again. You chuckled at her as she led you to the counter where you paid for the services.

You found myself involuntarily looking around for Jungkook, gaze wandering. Apparently he was in one of the other rooms, tending to another customer.

"Looking for the new boy?" Linda asked you, picking up on your search.

You looked at her wide eyed and then realised she had caught you. So you nodded slightly, clearing your throat.

Linda laughed in response.

"Want me to pass him your number?" She asked next. You frowned, deciding what to say to that.

You decided you were brave enough to ask out a guy yourself if you wanted to, asking someone else to pass along your number wasn't really your style.

"No, but thanks. Maybe I'll see him again when I bring Miley here, I'll talk to him then." You replied, thinking about your little sister who would be visiting you in a few weeks.

Few weeks weren't that long a time to ask someone out, right? Besides, it would feel more natural and less desperate if you asked him out the second time you met.

But you had no idea that your second meeting with Jungkook was going to be a lot sooner than you had expected.