13.

"And he was still sleeping! I'm telling you, nobody sleeps quite like Yoongi hyung." Jungkook finished, having you laugh loudly even mid-chew.

"Are you done?" You asked, raising an eyebrow at the lightening fast speed with which he had finished his food.

"Yeah." He simply answered, gathering up his dishes and placing them inside the kitchen.

"Me too." You told him, gathering up your own dishes.

"Hey, are you sure? You didn't eat all of it. You need the energy." He came rushing back.

"Yeah I'm sure. If I eat any more than this I'll throw up." You answered, patting your stomach. He shook his head and took the dishes from your hand.

"I can do it." You argued.

"Yeah but you don't need to."

You slumped back in your seat, admiring the view of Jungkook taking care of you. He came back and settled down beside you again.

"Where's the medicine again?"

You told him and he took it out, handing you the pill with some water. You gulped it down and then put your head back against the sofa, sighing.

Wordlessly, Jungkook grabbed a hold of your shoulder. You looked at him in surprise but he simply pushed your body down onto his lap, your head landing directly on his thighs again.

"This seems to be a more comfortable position for you." He said, hand naturally going across your waist while the other reclaimed it's place in your hair.

"Y-yeah." You stuttered, suddenly bashful.

He touched your forehead again with the back of his hand.

"Hey it's gone down a bit already. You must have been really tired and hungry. Once the medicine kicks in, you'll feel even better."

"Yeah. Thanks Jungkook. For taking care of me." You said softly, shutting your eyes as his hand continued to pat your head.

"It's not a problem. We're friends."

Your eyes popped open at the word 'friends'.

'Is he seriously friendzoning me right now?'

You cursed your luck inside your head. The one guy you actually like thinks of you as a friend. Why is fate so cruel to you?

Somehow fate proved to be even more cruel as you heard the door unlocking at that exact same moment. You knew it couldn't be anybody else except...

"Y/N!! I'm back!" You heard the high pitched voice boom across your apartment, making you wince slightly. Slowly you sat up from Jungkook's lap, even as his hands pressed down at your waist to keep you there.

"Jimin?" You called out, your voice sounding even worse now.

"What happened to your voice? Are you sick?" Came his worried reply just as he rounded the corner and came into view.

Your roommate was dressed primly as usual, black ripped skinny jeans and a white fitted shirt. His doc Martin's gleamed in the light as well as his classic leather jacket. Jimin dropped the bag he held in his hands as his eyes reached you and the boy beside you.

"This is Jungkook. He's a... friend." You almost cringed as you said it. Now you yourself were friendzoning him but you didn't know how else you could introduce him to Jimin.

"Okay, but what the hell happened to you? You look terrible!" Jimin exclaimed, his features morphed into extreme worry.

Jimin was a total sweetheart and you loved that about him. Caring and gentle, he had become one of your closest friends since you'd first met him 3 years ago in university. He had been two years your senior but you both met through a common class and immediately clicked with each other. When he graduated and moved to LA, you followed just 6 months later and he promptly asked you to live with him. The place was perfect and by splitting the high LA rent, you both were saving tons. Besides, his company was the biggest bonus you could have asked for.

"I told you to take it easy this week, you get your period next week anyway. How are you gonna manage being both sick and on your period!?" His shrill voice broke you out of your thoughts, only to have your cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

You could see Jungkook raise his eyebrows. Jimin knew way too much about your life and he couldn't care less about shouting it out to the world.

"Jimin what the fuck!? I have a friend over." You hissed at him.

"Which also I need to scold you for. You should be resting!" He stomped in, looming over the both of you on the sofa with his hands on his hips. He blew some hair out of his eyes and you rolled yours at his attempt to seem intimidating.

"Jimin." You calmly interrupted. "I was resting. Jungkook helped me. He even fed me and gave me medicine. He was just taking care of me."

You finally looked back at Jungkook whose face now showed absolutely no expression. Not knowing what to make of it, you simply looked back up at Jimin.

"Oh. I'm sorry." He apologized sheepishly to both you and Jungkook. He extended a hand towards the stoic boy beside you. "Ah, I'm Jimin, Y/N's roommate. Thank you for taking care of her."