8.

"Enjoyed the food?" He directed his question to you, seeing as Jin was still too busy filming his entire eating process. You scrunched your nose when he brought the camera really close to his mouth while chewing. Namjoon was gonna have one hell of a view tonight.

"Totally. It was great. In fact, I might be coming here more often now since it's also so close." You answered jungkook, giving all your attention to bhim and mentally thanking him for not bringing up your embarrassing stare-off.

"I'm glad. So.. is he your boyfriend or just a coworker?" he asked casually, putting his tongue inside his cheek when he finished talking.

The question caught you off guard. Was Jungkook asking because he was curious or because of other reasons?

"Uh.. no. The guy he's filming his reaction for is his boyfriend." You spluttered.

"Oh." Jungkook said, his expression revealing nothing about his thoughts. "Good." He said the last bit so softly that you barely caught it, but you did.

'Did he really just say what I think he did?'

"What about you? Have you got a girlfriend?" You blurted out before you knew what you were doing.

From the upward tilt of Jungkook's eyebrows, you could tell he was just as surprised as you were. But he seemed a little pleased (or atleast amused) at your apparent interest.

"No. I'm on the lookout." He replied, a cheeky smile on his face.

'This is it. This is the moment.'

You decided you couldn't get a better opening than this to ask him on a date.

"Hey Jungkook.. um do you wanna gra-"

"OH MY GOD! Jungkook I could kiss the chef right now. This thing was absolutely scrumptious." Jin's loud booming voice cut you off. You glared at him but he ignored it completely, addressing only Jungkook.

Jungkook let out a little laugh, obviously disliking the interruption in our conversation as well but playing it off politely.

'Well, there goes my chance.'

Quietly, you grabbed your bag and clicked your fingers in front of Jin's face with an annoyed expression.

"It's been 25 minutes already. Boss will be calling any minute now." You reminded him curtly.

He seemed to not take notice of your tone as his eyes widened and he glanced at his watch.

"Shit, you're right! Jungkook can you bring us the bill? Actually, nevermind. I can just pay at the counter on our way out." Jin scrambled for his own bag and quickly got up. He waved a goodbye to Jungkook and walked away to the counter.

You lingered behind for a few seconds, wondering what to do or say next. Eventually, you decided to just get the hell out of there for now.

"I gotta leave now, but it was great running into you again. I hope you don't have any other secret jobs that you surprise me with!" You said lightly and Jungkook responded with an awkward laugh.

"See you around." He said as you waved at him. You turned to leave but he suddenly grabbed your hand.

Your eyes widened and you turned back around to face him. He left your hand immediately but he now had your full attention.

'Is he going to say what I think he is going to say?'

Before he could even open his mouth, Jin's obnoxiously loud voice interrupted you both yet again.

"Y/N, we really should be leaving now!" He shouted from near the gate.

You cursed Jin inside your head, your jaw clenching. Jungkook looked just as annoyed but he masked his expressions quickly.

"Just.. have a good day at work." He ended up saying. Your intuition told you this was not what he had wanted to say when he grabbed your hand, but the insecure bubble in your head was mocking you for thinking that he would actually ask you out.

You ignored both sides of your brain and instead left the place quickly.

Your wrath had one target now. Kim Seokjin.