16.

The next day, you made your way to the diner as soon as your break started, reaching in a record time of 1 minute and 25 seconds. Your eyes immediately searched for Jungkook, who you found attending to a customer by a window seat. You went and took the next seat.

To your utter bad luck, another server approached your table before Jungkook could even spot you. Cursing under your breath, you ordered the first thing on the menu to get him off your back.

When Jungkook finally noticed you, his eyes widened. He at least had the courtesy to come to your table and greet you properly.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi " You replied.

Silence for a moment.

"So how are you?" He asked.

"The fever is completely gone. Jimin nursed me back to health over the weekend." You mentioned purposefully, noticing his reaction intently. You couldn't have an immature man in your life who would object to your friendship with Jimin.

He simply nodded.

"I'm glad you're okay." 

"Can we talk?" You asked next.

Jungkook looked around, tongue swiping out to lick his bottom lip in apprehension.

"My boss wouldn't like seeing me chat idly with a customer."

"After work?" You raised your eyebrows, daring him to refuse you now.

He seemed to think for a moment before nodding, his tongue lodged in his left cheek.

"Yeah okay, I'll drop you off as well."

"That's fine." You said, waving him off. "Jimin has been chauffeuring me around this week."

Again, you gauged his reaction. Waiting for a signal that would give his jealousy away. But Jungkook's response was one you hadn't expected.

"Then you can call him and tell him that I'm dropping you off." He said in a calm voice, leaving before you could reply. Your mouth parted slightly before breaking into a smile.

***

A two word text from Jungkook at exactly 6 PM was enough to elicit a wide smile from you (which ended up creeping out Jin). All Jungkook had said was, "I'm here."

You rushed down quickly, bidding Jin a quick goodbye amidst his attempts to shoo you away using his pendent of a cross. Something about you smiling like the devil. 

You found Jungkook waiting out front again and the breath was knocked out of you. He was wearing his staple black skinny jeans and white T-shirt, but a black leather jacket adorned his arms today. Paired with his black bike, the jacket gave him total bad boy vibes which you definitely weren't complaining about.

Since you'd left this morning thinking Jimin would drive you back home, you were wearing one of your dresses again. This one was stretchy and hugged your figure in a sinful way, which left your body on display now that you'd removed your blazer as well. Jungkook found himself staring openly at you as you made your way down the front stairs slowly, each step deliberately enticing. 

Both of you were checking each other out blatantly, and anyone who claimed the opposite would be lying through their teeth.

"Uh," Jungkook seemed to pause, gathering his words. "How are you going to..?"

"I'll cover up with my blazer." You answered, already knowing his question. There was no doubt that your dress would ride up too high on the bike and you had no intention of flashing the whole of Los Angeles any more than you had on your first ride with him.

Jungkook nodded and then revved up his engine, motioning for you to get on. You did so carefully, wrapping the blazer around your waist before getting on. The fabric of the sleeves was tucked into your inner thighs to make sure it didn't fly away. Your hand found Jungkook's abdomen again, relishing in the familiarity of it.

The whole ride had you clutching Jungkook's leather jacket on account of how fast he was driving through the packed streets of LA. In a moment of bravery, you placed your chin on his upper back and he shivered. You removed it immediately, thinking he might be ticklish or he might not enjoy your touch. But in one smooth move, Jungkook reached back with one hand and pushed your head forward, letting your cheek meet his back just like the last time when you had been sick.

 You couldn't stop the shy smile gracing your face as you snuggled up to his back, your legs pressed against the back of his thighs. But you were in for a shock still.

Jungkook didn't stop at your place, instead going forward and taking you into his building. You didn't say anything as he led the bike inside, parking it in its proper place, even though you were confused as hell.

"Uh, Jungkook?" You questioned unsurely when he clicked off the engine.