Rain - unus

rain - /reɪn/

(noun) The condensed moisture of the atmosphere falling visibly in separate drops.

______________
I remember being 5, careless and free, the little girl I was.
Looking over to the front yard and the open space in front of my house while the rain splashed on my little hands outstretched from my balcony.
I always enjoyed watching it, but what I loved more back then was dancing in it.
I would plead to mum so that she would let me and my Sibilings out to play, and once we would succeed in doing that, we would step out and dance in the rain, might as well make some origami boats that would float away in those small puddles of water.

Back then, to me, rain was a sense of happiness, a sense of jubilant merry.

Wo would jump into those little puddles, splashing the muddy water on us and our clothes. Our only competition was that whose boat would stay longest in water, or travel till the other end the earliest.

Little did we know, that the rain would mean so much more than just a reason to play and rejoice.
_______________
Well I did love chasing raindrops when they would hit the car windows too!!

What's your favorite childhood memories with rain??

Vote please 🌠