Eid Mubarak (Desi Edition)

I'm a Muslim! And there are these two festivities of utter significance ❤
Eid ul Fitr (the one after the month of fasting) and Eid ul Adha (the one in which we offer animal sacrifice)
__________

Eid ul Fitr, which we desi girls may call Eid ul FILTER or Eid ul FOOD! It is basically a day of celebration and happiness which marks the end of the month of Ramadan, in which we fast every day from dawn till dusk (sorry Zayn).

Okay, so what's the special thing about the day you ask!? It's a special prayer in the morning..  And a feisty lunch succeeding that! And if you're any desi like me, then you know the Eid photoshoot !!

The day is filled with happiness and contentment, and makeup and calls from our dear (pokey nose) relatives, and also too many camera clicks.

You must be wondering about why I'm making a big deal about the eid looks anyways ... BECAUSE IT MATTERS A TON.. AND IF IT DOESN'T MATTER TO YOU? THEN YOU AREN'T DESI SIS!!

This Eid for me was all about love and Time with my family, and also pictures (because Eid isn't complete without em!)

______

The sweets, filled with sweet syrup of love and patience,

The glowing moon sending its regard

as you and I bow down in respect to the lord 

As he lays his mercy upon us, we glisten in joy

and feast, and celebrate, and decorate!

In the name of lord do we fast, and in his name do we break!

Eid is also about gratitude, about having happiness and a happy soul! 

so rejoice, oh little one!

___________