Rain - quattor

It's been an year...
I'm numb and know that my heart did heal in this time that I took out for myself.
By heal I don't mean that I would never want to love again.
All i think is, i can't love anyone if i can't love myself!

People make a huge impact on who you are in the society. I would constantly be mocked of my inability to love by being called as scared to love.
But I thought this through, couldn't answer them that day, but today I know, that I am not afraid to love.
I may be afraid, but it will be the fear of losing myself.

I already lost myself once, it took me a lot to bring me back, might not have come to a point where I am the same, but I love who I am, and that's what really matters. Doesn't it?

I knew I had to do something about my aching heart and a half dead soul.
I realized, maybe I should've invested the love, the time,and the care for myself, rather than someone else.

I learnt about self love, now that I feel it rising in me, it makes me strong, independent and above all, loved !

I picked my cup of coffee and walked to the balcony, I was welcomed by soft breezes of a familiar scent. I looked up to the sky. It looked dark and cloudy, I knew that the time had come. But this time, I was prepared. The fear of falling back to the hole rose in me, but I knew I'd have to face it!
So 'screw it' I thought and saw the rain flash thunders before my eyes.
I never felt hesitant to stretch my hand to feel the rain drops, but that day it was as though my test, to which I knew I wouldn't let myself down. And gladly I didn't.

I knew I had chosen the right love to nurture, the eternal one
_________________________

Love yourself,
Forever

Also vote for me and tell me your stories! 🌠