BIRYANI!

You know there are foods that are good, then there are foods that are awesome! Then there are celebration delicacies! Then comes BIRYANI! King thy all!

A/N heartfelt sorry for not mentioning biryani earlier, also! Please guys stop calling veg pulao as veg biryani! I better confirm it now! Biryani is either chicken or mutton! And there's no veg biryani in the way though!

Biryani is an emotional subject, a matter of possessiveness for us hyderabadis!
We serve the best biryani and are kind of famous for the same!

I have always eaten biryani that was made by my mom, and trust me on this, it is the best anyone can ever make!
But the first time I ever made biryani, it was last year when I was in Oman,with only my dad and brothers! It was the day when I was to get my results,and dad had announced that biryani will be made irrespective of my grade!

A/N i had made chicken biryani, and just to rule out any further curiosity, it was very tasty!

The process of making biryani isn't quick! Rather, it takes a days pre-preparation and also a lot of patience!
I know i make it seem like I'm talking about an arranged marriage,but it is what it is dude!

So.. We first make a marinate for the chicken, and this is done a day before the biryani is to be made!
The marinate is also called akhni here in Hyderabad!
This marinate consists of ghee, onions, greens, ginger garlic paste, yogurt, and you're probably bored reading this (lol).

So after this, you keep it to marinate and absorb all the flavours for a night in the fridge!

Next morning, we half cook rice and place it on the marinated chicken and even it out!
The colors are added and the flames and started!
Then we shut the lid and place it on the flame! It cooks for a LOT of time, then after the flame is put off! It is kept closed for another wholesome of time. This process is called dum dena in Hyderabadi!

Wondering why i say wholesome amount of time, the akhni smells and tastes great, you're going to crave biryani ever since you taste it. Once the flame is put off, the whole house would smell of biryani! And trust me it is so overwhelming!! I want biryani now!

Also, salad, yogurt and eggplant curry is widely eaten along with it! But something that seems customary with every plate of biryani is a huge glass of coke!
I don't know why or how, but it is awesome to have them together ❤
_________________

A short thread on life of a biryani lover!
|
|
biryani aroma at your favourite restaurant would sell higher than any other gucci perfume ever could
|
|
Close to my friends for their mother's biryani ❤
|
|
I elaichii you from the bottom of my heart if you call pulao as veg biryani
|
|
Biryani+coke
Match made in heaven ❤
|
|
When you are super bloated because of eating excessive biryani but your soul has attained supreme happiness
|
|
100% wedding attendance record for biryanis
|
|
You can have the best biryani across the globe but nothing compares to the biryani that mom makes!

________
Thank you for reading so far ❤
Vote comment
Love you all

Let's unite biryani lovers.. Comment here if you love biryani.. I'm mentioning people down here too
BIRYANI mates Xena_Hehe014 Booklover_786