- Chapter 5 -

"Well, you know, I thought Mary could take a little break." He said. I look at the time. I could actually take the rest of the day off. I was here first thing in the morning, sun was just up. And now it's almost dinner time! I see her looking at the time as well.

"I will allow it. But only because I know she's been studying hard today." How does she know? She wasn't even here. "Because I was here the whole day." No, she wasn't. She looks at me and smiles. "You just didn't see me." Wait, is she reading my thoughts? I don't even want to figure that out. I just grab Naruto's arm and start running off, thanking her for letting me go.

We're finally at the training grounds and his new jutsu it's pretty cool. Before I can say anything to him, I hear a bark behind me and someone talking.

"That's your new trick, huh? I got a few new things of my own too." I look back to the person speaking.

"Oh hi, Kiba!" Naruto says. Akamaru comes closer to me, waiting for me to pet him. Which obviously I do, he's so cute! Kiba looks at me and scoffs.

"Oh, it's you again. I thought you were long gone by now." He says. I scoff too.

"You wish." I reply. Naruto looks at both of us, confused.

"Shouldn't the Hokage get rid of spies?" He teases.

"She's not a spy!"

"I'm not a spy!" Naruto and I scream at him at the same time. Even Akamaru barks at him. I love this dog. "You're just jealous that your dog likes me." I tease him back. If this is how he wants to play it, so be it. Don't except anything different from me.

"Whatever." He turns around annoyed and leaves with his dog. I smile.

After a while, Naruto and I leave, grabbing something to eat for dinner on the way back and saying our goodbyes to each other. When I finally reach my room, I look at the time. Oh, it's still early for bed. I know exactly what to do with the time I have left. I pick up my bag and go to the rooftop of one of the houses next to the Residence. I sit down and get a book out of my bag. It's finally Icha Icha time. I could read it in my room but I've been stuck inside four walls the whole day. I also need some outside time.

I've been reading for about 20 minutes and I already can not get enough of it. I have to give Jiraiya some credit, he's actually a good writer. But also, I can't get this feeling off of me that I'm been watched. And I was right.

"I didn't take you as a person that would read this type of books." I look up and see no other than Kakashi Hatake, in his calm form and mask covering his face, only leaving one of his eyes visible, as usual. I hide the book behind me, like it's going to do any good. "Not what I would expect from the new citizen of our village." He smiles with his one eye. That's... cute. I blink and try to shake my thoughts.

"I don't know what you think I was reading, but you creeping up behind me it's kind of weird." I tell him, trying to change the subject.

He looks at me calmly. "I just wanted to meet the new person, as I heard that Oshima will be instructing you. I'm Kakashi Hatake." I nod and introduce myself too. "Well, I won't bother you more." He smiles and before I knew it, he was gone.

During the next week and a half, all I did was study. I studied harder than I ever had in my life! I had to learn years of knowledge and I had to do it fast. Naruto was away on a mission. Boy, he was so happy that he wouldn't shut up about it. It was a very boring week, without him around. Always talking, distracting me. He sure is a bubble of energy. At least I could get some studying done. While I was lost in my thoughts, Oshima came in the library.

"What are you daydreaming about?" She asked. I jumped a little bit, startled by her.

"Nothing!" I said quickly and picked up the book again. I'm suspicious that she can actually read my mind. I can't let her know I was thinking about Naruto. Oh! There it goes...

"Do you miss your little friend much?" She said, smiling. I blushed a little bit but didn't take my eyes out of the book. Wait, what am I blushing about?!

"No... I was just wondering if he's safe." I told her. I can feel her eyes on me, as I'm trying to read the book, not able to concentrate anymore.

"Ok! You can stop reading now." I look at her, wondering why. "Tomorrow, at sunrise, meet me at the Academy." I widened my eyes and smiled. "You're going to start your training." She said, not able to contain her smile either.

I could barely sleep with excitement. I was at the Academy probably an hour before sunrise! The good thing about all this, is that I'm distracted about the fact that I can't go home now. I don't even know where to start to try and solve it. Lady Tsunade said she was working on it but to not expect any answers soon.

"You're already here, huh?" I hear Oshima say. I turn around.

"Yes, Oshima-sensei! Lets get this started!" I smiled. First she taught me how to throw some shurikens and kunais. Throughout the rest of the week, she taught me how to fight, dodge, use some taijutsu and I was kind of getting the hang of it. It was hard, don't get me wrong. Really hard. But at least I was doing something.

After three weeks training non stop, Oshima told me to take a day off, as she also had some business to take care of. Oh, I'm going to treat myself some ramen tonight! I thought to myself. Oshima-sensei only wanted me to eat the healthiest food in the village but boy, was I craving some ramen. And with her away, this will be my chance.

I was down with my second bowl already when someone just pops in the restaurant very loudly. I look up and choked. "Alright, old man! Give me your best miso ramen with extra pork! I'm ravenous!" The person sits down next to me. He doesn't even notice me! Oh boy, I'm still choking, I need to breath! He looks at me. "Hey miss, are you ok? Wait! Mary?!" He pats my back a little bit and I recover, able to take a deep breath.

"Hey! You're back!" I smiled. He grinned.

"Yeah! The mission was a success!" He gets his ramen bowl and digs in immediately. I noticed that his sleeve is ripped off a bit, showing under it a big scratch. His face is also full of scratches and some bruises. He looks at me and smiles. Oh, he noticed I was staring... I can feel myself blushing so I turn my face away. "What have you been up to while I was gone? I bet it got really boring here without me. Especially with you just studying all day." He's so cocky. Even though he's right.

"It did, maybe a little bit." I laugh. "But hey, I started my training too!"

"You did?!" I nodded.

"Hum hum. Oshima-sensei said that if I keep up working this hard that I might be able to take the exam very soon and become a genin! I still think she's just being overly optimistic about my skills." He smiles at me and I can feel myself blushing again. What's wrong with me?!

"Well, hello you two!" Oshima-sensei shows up and smiles down at us. I gulped, scared that she found me eating exactly the opposite of what she told me to. "I knew I would find you here but I will let it slide since it's your day off. But tomorrow you're back in track!"

"Yes, Oshima-sensei..." This woman will be the death of me. She smiles evilly.

"Speaking of death..." She says and pauses a bit. Naruto and I look at her confused, no one spoke that. Oh crap, I did think of it. She really reads minds, doesn't she? "How about you join us for training tomorrow, Naruto? It would be nice if Mary could spar with someone other than me." Oh no, she didn't. I can't stop blushing so I just cup my face with my hands.

"Sure, I would love to help!" He tells her and looks at me. "What's wrong with you?" He points at my hands.

"Nothing! It's just... My teeth hurt a bit." I lie to him. I will get you, Oshima-sensei.