- Chapter 14 -

After a week I was out of the hospital but Hiro was still recovering. I went to check how he was but he was sleeping. So I went to the Hokage's office to see if Lady Tsunade had any news about the artifact. Sadly, she said the decoders were having a hard time deciphering it so it might take a long time. Gosh, she even went as far as saying I might never go back. I mean, it's a possibility but I don't want to think about it. I go to the training grounds to train by myself. I create some of my fire clones to fight and dodge before they burn me. Maybe that will make me faster even though Mitsuna's water clones seemed stronger. I spent the whole day just training hard, non stop.

It was getting dark and I laid on the ground, exhausted. I closed my eyes for a couple of minutes until I heard footsteps approaching me.

"You shouldn't push yourself too hard now. You just got out of the hospital, remember?" I look up and see Oshima. "I couldn't find you today but didn't think you would be here."

I took a deep breath. "It seems like I might be here for a while so I might as well get stronger."

"Is that right?" She look at my wounded arms and legs, burned from the clones. She sighed and looked up at the sky, as it was revealing the stars as it got darker.

"Do you know where Mitsuna is?" I asked her and sat up.

"To be honest, I don't." I lifted an eyebrow at her response. "Lady Tsunade won't tell me but she told me not to worry. I trust she knows what she's doing." I got up and she looked back at me. "Hiro told me what happened."

"And?" I look at her. She keeps staring into my eyes, like she's trying to read my mind. Well she pretty much can but is she right now?

"And I understand why you fought back. Not that I agree or accept this type of behavior."

"I figured." I sighed, thinking how this would end badly for me.

"That's why..." She said. "I'm going to train you even harder." I looked at her confused. "Mitsuna won't be the worst enemy you might face in this world. And you need to be prepared for whatever might cross your path."

I can't help but smile a little. "So nice of you to worry about me." She looks at me like she's about to hit me. "I'm kidding." I laugh. "I appreciate that, Oshima-sensei."

"Good." She chuckles.

The next day, I go to meet Oshima at the training grounds but just as I leave my place, I come across Naruto.

"Hey, Naruto." I smile at him. He looked at me quietly for a second.

"Why did you lie to me?" He said, making me confused.

"What? I never lied to you."

"You said the other day that you got hurt on the mission. But it was because of Mitsuna!"

"Oh, that..." I scratched my head.

"Oh, that?! Why did she even attack you? And Hiro? Why would she do that to her comrades?!" I looked at the ground. I too wish that I had an actual answer to that. "And why didn't you tell me?!"

"I figured you would react like this, that's why!" I look at him. "If I was you, I would react the same way you are right now and I was too tired to deal with that."

"Oh, you were too tired to deal with me?" He inquired.

"That's... Not what I meant."

"That's what it sounded like. I was used to people treating me that way but I wasn't expecting that from you, you know." Why is he so snappy?

"And then what, Naruto? What would you do if I did tell you it was Mitsuna?" I have to admit, I hate fighting like this. But when I do, anger usually takes over me quickly. "Would you go after her like you did with Sasuke?" I saw his eye twitch at the name. "Beat some sense out of her? I don't need you to do that, okay?" Now I was the one snapping. I run past him until I finally reach the training grounds.

"You're late." I hear Oshima say.

"I know!" I say a little harshly, making her look at me with a lifted eyebrow. "Can we just get to training, please?" She did as I requested and we trained the whole day. No breaks, no small talk.

She ended the training and I was getting myself ready to leave.

"Do you want to talk now?" She asked and I didn't look at her.

"Not really."

"Kind of feels like you do, from the way you were throwing your punches." She puts her hands on her hips. "That and the fact that the only thing you can think about is Naruto."

"Just don't, okay?" I take a deep breath. "I really don't want to talk about it." I go back to my place and try to sleep but I can't. I toss and turn but nothing. I get Icha Icha out and read it for a while to get distracted but eventually my mind goes back to Naruto. All I can remember is what his face looked like because I had lied. But then I really screw it up when I mentioned Sasuke... I don't know what came over me. Or him... I get up, open my window and see the sunrise. Crap. It's morning and I haven't even bat an eye. I change my clothes and leave, finding my Shikamaru on my way.

"Hey, this is early for you." He tells me. I scratch my head.

"Well, yeah. I could say the same to you, lazy bones." He chuckles at the nickname. "I just really need to talk to Naruto so I thought I would go over his house."

"Good luck with that, he's probably still asleep."

"Actually, he's not." We hear a voice behind us and we look back. "He already left for a mission." We see Kakashi walking up to us, with his book always in hand.

"What about you? You're still here." Shikamaru said.

"He went with Sakura, Sai and Yamato. I have a different assignment to attend to." He says, looking at me with his one eye.

"I have to go. Lady Hokage has something for me to do this morning." Shikamaru said, sighing. "What a drag..." He adds, as he starts walking away.

"Mary." Kakashi says, interrupting my thoughts and I look at him. "Naruto seemed strange this morning, do you know anything about it?" I widen my eyes, feeling my heart go faster.

"No..." I say, not really wanting to discuss this with him, or anybody for that matter. He hums, nodding slightly and smiling under his mask.

"Don't you have somewhere to go?" He asks. I look up at the sky, the sun being already all out. I forgot about Oshima! This is going to be a lame training because my body is still exhausted but I better hurry.