Chapter 16

Aria's POV
I ran out of the building scared as hell. I have to tell Jasper. I ran behind the school and saw Jasper standing there.
"Jasper I think Ross saw you pass that note to me we need to come up with an excuse" I said with a worried tone.

"Ok, we come up with something but first...." he leaned in a kissed me. I kissed back knowing we wouldn't be doing this in a while.

We pulled away from each other and Jasper just smiled at me. Oh my gosh why do I like his smile so much!
"I just wanted to tell you that I will never hurt you and that Whitney means nothing to me"

"I know" I leaned in and kissed him again. We instantly pulled away when we heard voices.
"Go!" Jasper said
I just ran as fast as I could back into the school.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Jasper's POV
The voices got closer as I pulled out my cigarette and smoked it to hide that fact that I just made out with Ross's sister.

I looked over at where the voices were coming from and my friends came around the corner.
"There you are!" Jonah said as they got closer to me
"Why did you leave lunch?" Ross asked as he was glaring at me.
"I needed to smoke" I replied casually

"Boys I need you to go now" Ross said to our friends.
"Why?" Ryder, one of my other friends asked.
"I said I need you to go, now leave!"
"Ok Jasper lets go!" Oscar yelled
"No, he's staying here" Ross was very angry and not going to lie it kind of scared me but just a little bit.

Once the boys were gone Ross punched me.
"Ow! Man what the hell was that for!" I yelled, even though I knew exactly what it was for.
"I want you to explain to me why I caught you passing a note to my sister" he looked me straight in the eyes with anger flashing through his eyes.

"Jonah wanted me to write a note to Layla because he was too chicken to do it, so I gave it to Aria to give to Layla" I said causally like I wasn't just making out with his sister.

He let out a sigh of relief,
"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have punched"
"It's fine"
"So there is really nothing between you guys?" he asked.
"No, I promise" I really hate lying to my best friend.

"Oh thank God" he said as we walked back to our friends.
"Hey guys your back!" Jonah said, "bro what happened to your face?"
"I-I" I started but Ross cut me off
"I punched him"
"Why the hell did you punch him?" Ryder asked with wide eyes
"That's none of your business" I said

"Why? Tell us" Oscar said jumping in
"No" I simply said and walked away going to my next class.
----------
Aria's POV
The rest of the day all I could think about was, how are me and Jasper going to come up with an excuse to tell Ross as to why jasper passed me a note at lunch.

It was finally the end of the day and I could go home. Once Jasper and Ross were in the car I looked back at Jasper.
"What the hell happened to you?" but I new very well what happened and I was pissed.

"Nothing" they both replied in unison and I just shrugged my shoulders. I could feel the tension on our way home and it was very uncomfortable, especially the silence between all of us.

I have never been so excited to get home the tension was horrible. Once Ross went into his bedroom, I instantly went over to talk to Jasper.
"What happened?"
"After you left my friends and Ross walked up to us, Ross told them to leave and when they did he punched me"

I nodded my head for him to continue,
"He asked me why I passed you that note, I told him that Jonah wanted me to write it and give it to Layla, and so I have it to you to pass to her"
I jumped into his arms knowing we could be caught at any moment.

"Thank you" I said and then looked up at the bruise on his check. I leaned up and kissed it, then moved to kiss his lips.

He kissed back but we soon pulled away not wanting to get caught. I walked up to my room as relief washed over me.
I really wish that Jasper didn't get punched. He didn't deserve it. I payed on my bed and did nothing for the rest of the day.

I got in the shower, then got ready for bed after. I laid down on my bed and went to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up to the sound of yelling, I walked to the middle of the stair case to see Jasper and Ross fighting over the box of Froot Loops.
"Ross shut the hell up!" I yelled from the stairs, I didn't hear Jasper yelling so I didn't tell him to shut up.

I walked back upstairs and tried to sleep again. But, no, some asshole had to knock on my door.
"What the hell do you want!" my yell was muffled because my face was in my pillow.

"It's me Ross can I come in?"
"Fine" I groaned
He walked in and sat at the edge of my bed.
"Hey I just wanted to apologize for coming up with stupid rules, you don't have to follow them"
"I wasn't going to anyway" my voice was once again muffled

"Also I wanted to let you know that we have dinner tonight with Aunt Carla and Sophie"

Shit

If you wondering why I don't want to have dinner with them, well it's because I despise both of them. Why? When I was a kid my aunt always thought I was a spoiled brat, that I was ungrateful for everything that my parents did for me.

Sophie hated me because of that too and still does. They were not as rich as we were so they took everything out on me but they didn't have a problem with Ross. If you didn't already put the pieces together, Sophie is the daughter of my aunt, she is my cousin, she is also a slut, hoe, whatever you want to call it.

I was so not ready for this family dinner.