2.11

Terror On Cupcake Street

Exactly a week after the concert, Tori and Andre were acting out a scene while having buckets on their heads to prove that acting out a scene is hard when you can barely see or hear the other person. Beck was late for school because of a dentist appointment. so I was sitting with Cat. Sikowitz began to re-explain his point when he decided to dismiss the class.

"Okay," I said, grabbing my bag.

"But we still have more time," Jade pointed out.

"We do?"

I groaned, sitting back down, "Yeah."

"Why do you wanna leave so badly?" Cat quietly asked.

I shrugged. I just had a weird feeling about today.

"How much?" Sikowitz asked about the time despite there being a clock in the general direction he was facing.

"Fifty-five minutes," Robbie announced.

Sikowitz decided he had something he needed to talk to 'some of us' about that wasn't acting without seeing or hearing, "Tori, Cat, Y/N, Andre, Robbie, Jade, please stay. The rest of you may wander the halls."

"What happened this time?" I asked under my breath.

The rest of the class left, leaving the few of us who did get called to sit in our seats and wait for the hippie to talk.

"Why did you make them leave?" Cat asked.

"Uh...I don't know. They never talk," Sikowitz stated. Good point. I never noticed that before.

"Yeah, they just sit there and react," Tori added.

"Weird," I mumbled.

"So what do you want with us?" Jade asked, interrupting the realization that we were the only people at this school that ever say anything.

"Who here likes parades?" Sikowitz asked, raising his hand. I didn't. I don't particularly like them. I looked around at the rest of the people in here. Nobody raised their hands.

Robbie and Rex listed off some people that like parades.

"No one," Jade spat. Is she wrong?

"Oh come on," Sikowitz started, "Parades are fun."

"One time my brother was in a parade," Cat started, "But he was—"

I covered her mouth, "That's a scandal to explain another day, Cat. Not right now. And probably not in front of the whole world. It's also why I don't like parades!" I uncovered her mouth.

"And now he's not allowed to be in parades," she concluded.

"Or be near horses," I added.

Jade handed Cat her keys, "Play with the pretty keys," she turned to me, "You want some too?"

I shook my head, "Thanks though."

Sikowitz started explaining this parade thing again. Or not so much, "So, you all know about the woman I've been dating? Felicia?"

None of us knew who she was.

"Well anyway," he continued, "She's the creative director of this year's Parade Parade."

"Parade Parade?" Andre asked.

Tori said, "I've never heard of that."

"Me either," I agreed.