Chapter 5

An half hour into the party and I am ready to leave but unfortunately I am guest of honor but true to his word Dekker has not left my side even when Mrs Pearbody was trying to set him up with her very irritating daughter after the third time she mentioned what a charming couple they would be we excused ourselves and discreetly escaped to the dining room for a breather “ So Dekker Babe when’s the wedding to Andrea  ?” I laugh at the look on his face “ Haha you just wait there will be someone here who tries to set you up with her lovely son or  grandson I guarantee it.”

“Oh but darling that already happened “  “ Huh where was I when this happened.” He genuinely looks confused I just laugh and say “ In my foyer darling then we went shopping .” then run off giggling before he can catch me.
We end up back in the formal room when my Grandpa stands up to make a speech.

“ Thankyou everyone for coming tonight to celebrate our wonderful granddaughter Ella’s homecoming after 5 years studying at St Catherine’s in Paris she is finally home to stay and Claire  and I could not be happier we have missed this little girl so very much * he then looks towards me and says * we love you very much Ella  and I am extremely pleased to say she will be attending my alma mater Yale in the fall to study Law following her is her boyfriend Mr Dekker Archibold Mc Crae .” when he says that everyone looks at me then and quite a few girls send me death glares I just glare straight back at them huh come at me bitches he is mine.
The evening begins to wind down after the speeches and everyone says their goodnights and Dekker and I head out to sit by the pool for a while and talk about whats to come now society knows we are dating just wait til they find out its not 2 but 3 very prominent families uniting in this relationship. I turn to him and “ Say are you sure you want to be apart of the circus that is sure to occur once the cat is out the bag ?”
He just moves closer to me takes hold of my hand and says “ Bring it babe I told you I’m all in not backing out now I have been waiting a long time for this chance Ella I am not going anywhere you are stuck with me.”  Then we lean in a share a sweet but passionate kiss I pull back and look in his eyes then lean my forehead against his he breaks the silence  “ So what time am I needed tomorrow assuming you want me to come to lunch ?”
I tell him to be here about 10:30 as I need to be at the club for 11:30 then we stand up and I walk him out to his car and say our goodnights.

Once I am back in my room I grab my cell and call O.
She answers after the third ring

Odette: Bonjour mon cheri how was your evening
Ella: Well besides nearly every skank trying to hit on my boyfriend I actually had a good night and Grandpa made a beautiful speech bought tears to my eyes and then when he announced I will be going to Yale and my boyfriend Dekker Archibold Mc Crae will be following phew the amount of death glares I got im supposed I am still alive.
Odette: Haha Bebe sounds like a lot of disappointed girls but after seeing his photo earlier damn girl how did you not date him sooner I am very happy for cheri.
Ella: He was so horrible to me in junior high O used to call me siren even though I hated it and he knew and now bloody Elias is calling me it, that and the fact he had a different girl attached to his lips every second of the day it just wasn’t our time no matter if I had feeling for him or not I never thought he did but turns out he has been in love with me for nearly 7 years,  but now it is and I am going to give it my best to make things work we have only been reconnected for one day but all the old feelings have come back and it feels like we have been together forever is that stupid babe?
Odette: One moment Cheri Devils 1 and 2 just walked in * Shoo I am on the phone go *
Little did we know they shut the door but stood listening.
Odette: Of course not and that boy is totally in love with you Conrad has told us all whole story of Dekker and his Siren only you and your heart know Cheri its not to soon because as you said you have had feelings for him for years go with your heart Ella
Ella: O I honestly think I am falling in love with him
Odette : Are you going to tell him or wait for him to say it first?
Ella: it’s a little to soon to say it but if he says it first I will. It just seems so fast but right if you know what I mean like I said I feel like I have been with him forever. I honestly think he could be the one O.
Odette: The one are you serious oh Cheri that is incredible so what is the plans for you lovebirds tomorrow
Ella: He is joining me for lunch with my grandmother tomorrow while my grandfather plays golf with his father.
Odette: Woah meeting the family already lunch with Eleanor while his father plays golf with Michael haha cheri they will be planning the wedding before you know it.
Ella: actually it is all purely coincidental I rang the grandparents to thank them my amex and grandmother invited me for lunch at the club because my grandfather was going to be golfing with his friend Andrew Mc Crae and just mentioned he had a son my age and I asked it would happen to be Dekker Mc Crae would it and they said I believe it is so I told them we were dating and natuarally grandmother invited him as well.  Babe it is very late here I need to head to bed thankyou for the conversation and helping me out with my messed up head I know what need to be done know I love you O you’re the best friend a girl can ask for I can’t wait for you to be out here with me goodnight mwah
Odette: goodnight cheri and you know you don’t need to thank me I am here whenever you need anyone to talk to I will be there before you know I love you to Ella and I consider you my sister bye bebe.