Chapter 7

I wake up to the sound of knocking on my door “ Ella dear are you awake ?” my grandma calls out I reach over to look the time on my phone 8:30 am on a Saturday is she serious urgh “ Yes grandma I am about to have a shower and then I will downstairs for breakfast .”
“Ok dear your grandpa wants to speak to you before Dekker and your Vanderbilt grandparents arrive. “she says before walking away from my door.  Oh, shit tonight is the big announcement and to say I am nervous is a freaking understatement but at least I will have Dekker there with me if Mrs Pearbody keeps her trampy daughter away from him.
After my shower I dress in a cute black and red maxi dress and black sandals put my wet hair in a braid and head down to breakfast.
Grandpa looks up from the paper “ Good morning my darling girl I have something for you”, he pulls a square jewellers box from the pocket of his coat, “ now this belonged to my mother your great grandmother she had beautiful blue eyes just like yours and I believe this would look wonderful on you .” he opened the box and inside was a stunning sapphire and diamond necklace.

“Oh, my grandpa it is beautiful are you sure you want to give it to me it belonged to your mother after all?”
“Ella my dear it belongs to you and tonight seems the perfect occasion to give it to you sweetheart.” I look at my grandparents with tears in my eyes, “thank you so much I will take very good care of it and one day pass it onto my own children look at me I am a mess thank goodness I didn’t put any makeup on today.” I give them both a big hug as they both say I am welcome, and we sit down to eat breakfast.
I am upstairs looking through my dresses trying to decide which one to wear tonight I have narrowed it down to 3 dresses that are not to risqué for the company tonight but still has the wow factor but am having trouble deciding which one to go with I decide to call Elias and get a guy’s opinion I would call Dekker but I want to surprise him. I hit his speed dial on my phone “ The number you have called is not in service at the moment please try again later .” huh he always answers his phone I decide to try O her phone is switched off what the hell is going on. Oh well I will just pick the one that is the classiest and will get the grandparents approval.
I decide to watch a movie so I put After on but I must have fallen asleep because I wake up with arms around me I panic for a moment before a familiar cologne hits my nose I snuggle in further to him a get some cuddles “ Well hey there sleepyhead I was coming to see if you wanted to go for lunch but I think I prefer to just lay here with you all day.” I reach up and kiss him gently. “mmm hey baby what a nice way to wake up how long have you been here?”  “ I got here about half an hr ago but you looked so beautiful sleeping I decided to lay down with you before the chaos tonight, speaking of my gorgeous girlfriend what are you wearing tonight all I know is to wear blue so we match.”  “And that my darling is all you need to know until tonight it is a surprise.” I laugh at the look on his face he rolls over and begins the millionth tickle war and he has a good hold on me and won’t let go “ let me go or no more kisses .” he looks at me seriously for a moment before saying “ hah nice try you love me too much to withhold kisses babe.”
I quietly mutter under my breath “that I do.” apparently loud enough for Dekker to hear though.
” I’m sorry can you repeat that?”  “huh repeat what?” I say looking away and blushing knowing he heard what I said.  He turns my face towards him and tilts my chin up I try avoiding his eye contact “Ella, look at me please babe.” I look up and he is staring deeply into my eyes “I love you Ella” my breath catches in my throat for a second, no point in keeping it to myself anymore, I guess.
I look at him and say, “I love you to Dekker I think I have since Jr high.” I feel him reach to hold my hand and at the same time feel him sliding something on to my ring finger, I begin to panic “Dekker.”
“Shh I’m not proposing babe.” He let go of my hand and I pulled my hand up to inspect on my finger was a stunning oval cut halo sapphire and diamond ring, it literally took my breath away. “Then what do you call it I mean you did put it on this finger Dekker.”  It belonged to my grandmother on my mother’s side she gave it to me when I was younger and told me to give it to the girl/woman that I love
“ Dekker”  as I said I’m not asking you to marry me … yet, it is a promise ring baby it symbolises my promise to you to one day make you my wife and spend the rest of our lives together I know it’s fast but babe this has been 7 years in the making so .. Do you Lorelei Ella Flinders Vanderbilt the 3rd accept my token of promise to love you forever?”
I am crying, once again thankful for my lack of make up this morning, he chuckled and wiped the tears away.
“So, Siren do you accept my promises?”
“Omg yes Dekker I love you and I promise them right back “ he smiled a real smile as he smoothly rolled us over on the bed, so he was on top of me kissing me hard on the mouth, I smirk as he looks down at me as we part “ Babe I think you have been spending way too much time with me you have my smirk down to an art, and as much as I would really like to continue this your grandparent’s are just downstairs and no doubt Claire will be up here soon to get you up to get ready for tonight. But if you would allow me, I would like to take you away this week once the news is out maybe we can take a little trip to avoid the paparazzi, what do you think baby?”
“I think I would like that very much, just the two of us sounds like heaven and get away from the chaos that is sure to ensue once the announcement has been made, but where would we go babe?”
“Oh no no that my siren is a surprise, but I already have a place in mind a weeklong getaway sounds better every time I mention it.”
Before too long the make-up artist and hairdresser are here to get me ready for tonight, Dekker left to go get ready himself I have tried to call O and the guys a few more times and no one is answering,
I finally decided on a one shoulder shimmering blue floor length gown with a split up to my thigh with some strappy silver stilettos with an elegant half up half done side style smoky eyes and a light pink lipstick my final touch Great Grandma’s necklace, I am very pleased with the end result.