Chapter 8

I head downstairs to speak to both sets of grandparents before the guests arrive both my grandfathers are in grandpa’s study having a cigar and glass of scotch and my grandmothers are busy ordering the caterers and waitstaff around I decide to go and spend some time with my grandfathers. Grandpa is the first to see me and his face alerts grandfather Michael to my presence they both get up to hug me and Grandpa says that I look like a princess and pour me a small scotch with a wink “ don’t tell your grandmothers but you could probably do with a nip of scotch before the vultures descend.” Grandpa Charles says while Grandfather Michael chuckles and says, “Lorelei you look stunning sweetheart.” I thank them both and take a seat on the sofa in the corner. “So, Lorelei how is everything going with Andrew’s boy.” Michael asks “ Things are amazing I am very happy we reconnected and have started a relationship he actually wants to take me away this week until the craziness blows over but he won’t tell me where but I am very much looking forward to it .”  “You two seem very in love my dear.”  I take a small sip of my drink it is very smooth and burns a little going down my throat and reply “ I do love him very much and it may seem fast but really it is 7 years in the making, we just never gave ourselves a chance but now is our time I am very happy for the first time in a long time and I can see a future with him.”  My grandpa looks deep in thought and laughs and says “ Just don’t let your grandmother’s hear you say that they will be planning your wedding before you know, speaking of that is a lovely ring my dear something you wish to tell us?” 

“Oh Grandpa, Dekker gave it to me today it is a promise ring he said it belonged to his grandmother.” I say with a huge smile both my grandfather’s share a smile and we talk about what is going to happen tonight.  Just as I put my glass down on the drink cart my Grandmother Eleanor knocks on the study door, “Michael, Charles have either of you seen Lorelei? Claire and I can’t seem to find her and there are a group of people looking for her.” I stand and go to the door, “I am right here grandmother we were just talking about tonight, who is looking for me I am not expecting anyone?” 

“They are in the sitting room my dear your grandma and I are going to get ready if you need us,” 

I head into the sitting room and hear a whistle before I can look up then a very familiar voice saying, “Damn girl you are looking fine.” 

“OMG!!! Please tell me I am not dreaming.” There sitting on the large settee are my very best friends in the world minus Lachie, Clem and Conrad all looking every bit the rich socialites they are in their evening wear. 

I squeal and throw my arms around the closest person who happens to be Elias, “ I can’t believe you guys are here I have been trying to call you all day, I am so freaking happy to see you.” 

Suddenly I hear a high-pitched scream “CHERI!!! WHAT IS ON YOUR FINGER???” Odette runs over and examines the ring. “Dekker gave it to me today it was his grandmothers, and no it’s not an engagement ring it is a promise ring. Isn’t it beautiful, oh and grandpa gave me this necklace at breakfast today it belonged to his mother I am very in love with it?” 

Alistair comes up and gives me a hug “ My god it is good to see you princess we have missed you so much you look beautiful by the way ” I hug him back until I am yanked out of his arms by Odette “ My best friend go get your own “ she says and we all laugh I give her the biggest hug ever then turn to talk to them all “ What are you guys doing here? You have no idea how much I miss you all .”I am cut off by someone wrapping their arms around my waist and nuzzling my neck I know instantly who it is and relax into his embrace “ Hey baby you are early mister.” I turn around and give him a gentle kiss. 

“What can I say siren I missed you. Mmm you taste like scotch and you look ravishing ” he leans down to kiss me again “Mmmm right back at you darling are you spending the night I am sure the grandparents won’t mind.” we hear a couple throats clear he looks up and sees everyone looking at us with smirks on their faces oops “ So ahem who are your friends babe”  he asks “ Well babe you have kind of met them .” I introduce them face to face for the first time “Guys this is Dekker, babe this is Odette, Elias and Alistair they just showed up, speaking of guys seriously I am so happy you are here.” 

The Secret Heiressजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें