2: Selfless

Hiya so this is Bea/author-chan at one in the afternoon the day after writing the first chapter and I have just woken up ;-; help

Y/n wakes up the next morning curled up on the floor. Her neck and back ached from both the position and the fact that she was sleeping on hardwood. 

She sits up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. 

Well I am never doing that again...

Y/n looks at her phone. There were a few messages from her other friends...but nothing from Russia. 

 Maybe he's just hungover...

Yeah...that was it...

The time was four AM. 

Y/n groans a bit, but get up to start a pot of coffee. 

She worked straight until seven in the evening. The only breaks she took were to go to the bathroom and once to make a cup of noodles. 

Y/n doesn't look at her phone at all. She didn't want to talk to anyone. But once she stops working, the guilt finally gets the better of her. 

Ukraine's messages were the first that caught her eye. They were the most recent.

Ukraine: Y/n I know what you did for my brother. But are you okay? I know about your crush

Y/n: Yeah! I'm great. It's about time he got a girlfriend anyway 

Y/n: And also who told you?

Her message contained false enthusiasm, and Ukraine wasn't so easily fooled by them.

Ukraine: If I call you will you sound as happy as you are when you're texting?

Y/n's hand hovers of the keyboard of her phone. She hesitates. One one hand, Ukraine was a good person to talk to. But on the other hand, she was Russia's sister. 

Y/n didn't really want anything to do with them at the moment. 

Y/n: I'm fine, Raine, really

After that, she mutes Ukraine's calls just in case. 

Y/n was definitely not fine.

The next messages that caught her attention were America's. He had texted and called her numerous times throughout the day. 

She feels bad for ignoring him. 

America was sitting at home. He was worried about Y/n. No matter how much he texted or called her, she wouldn't answer. He had been trying all day and there was nothing. 

Something in him tells him to keep trying. 

America takes his phone out and opens his messages. 

America: Y/n are you there?

Finally, he gets a response. 

Y/n: Yeah

America feels a small wave of relief wash over him. He quickly texts her back. 

America: Are you okay? You've been really quiet all day and I keep trying to talk to you

Y/n: I'm okay, just not feeling well

His worry returns. America wondered if she wasn't feeling well physically or emotionally. He knew that she liked Russia, maybe she had seen him with the other girl at the bar.