16: Stressed

Y/n moved in with America after that. He was too worried to leave her on her own so often. She agreed when she realized how on edge he actually was. 

One night, on a Friday, America comes home and doesn't see Y/n at the dining room table where she usually worked. He panics until he realizes that she's just in the kitchen. 

"Heya Stars," Y/n says nonchalantly when he walks in. "You hungry?"  

America sees that she's made dinner for both of them. 

"I must have done something right," He laughs as his fear dissolves. America wraps his arms around her waist and kisses her cheek. 

"You've been too nervous lately," Y/n giggles. "I wanted to do something special. All we eat is fast food, cereal, and yogurt cups," 

"Hey, don't hate on my yogurt cups," He retorts playfully. 

"Just eat the food," She tells him with a grin. 

They eat their dinner in silence. America didn't think he could ever be so in love with someone. Even though he had been a bit unpleasant for the past few weeks, Y/n was still trying to cheer him up. She was actually trying constantly.

After dinner America sits on the living room couch while she's out of the room and puts his head in his hands. He was scared for her. He didn't want her to get hurt. China being around again only made those fears worse. 

America looks up as he feels a hand on his back and sees that Y/n has taken a seat next to him. 

"Hey," She says softly. 

"H-Hi," He stutters. 

"When was the last time you slept?" Y/n asks. 

"I-I don't know..." America mumbles.

"Maybe you should go to bed," She says. "You already came home late. You've been exhausted and irritated lately. You probably just need to get a full night of sleep," 

"I can't..." He replies quietly. "I just...I can't..."

Y/n pushes his shoulder back a bit.

"Lay down," She tells him. 

"Y/n-"

"America," Y/n says sternly. "You're going to sleep whether you like it or not," 

He ends up laying on top of her. America wraps his arms around her and lays his head on her chest. She was right, he was tired out of his mind. 

"I can't..." He says off-handedly.

"Go to sleep," She mumbles while running her fingers through his hair. "One night isn't going to kill anyone," 

The exhaustion finally takes over him. America closes his eyes. 

Y/n lets out a sigh of relief when he finally falls asleep. She kisses the top of his head. 

She wasn't actually  planning on sleeping. Y/n was worried that he would have a nightmare from all of the stress he'd been experiencing. 

So, to stay awake, she had had a cup of coffee just before he came home. It would keep her going long enough. 

Sure enough, a few hours later, America starts trembling in his sleep. Y/n starts running her fingers through his hair again in hopes of calming him down, but it doesn't work.

"Stars?" She says. "Stars wake up," 

His grip on her tightens as his trembling increases. Y/n sits up with him and starts to shake him.