24: Side Effects

So I just finished pre-writing the rest of the book and I'm super pumped up on sugar rn and also felt like posting another chapter today

This one's my favorite :3

The good news: Y/n's pain went down. 

The bad news: She almost immediately started acting like a drunk toddler. 

"Rika the room is low-key sHakinG," Y/n slurs. 

America and Germany look down at her worriedly. 

"How long is she gonna be like this...?" The freedom country asks. He was standing next to her bedside. 

"Hopefully...they'll wear off before this evening..." Germany mutters, watching as Y/n twirls a strand of her hair around her fingers while staring at it in complete and utter fascination. "But she might just pass out if we're lucky," 

"Sparklyyyyyyy..." 

"I'll...try and keep her out of trouble I guess," America mutters. 

"I'm not a bAby!" Y/n whines. 

Germany just nods and walks out of the room. 

"Where's he goin'?" She asks. 

"Y/n," America says, cupping her face in his hands. "On a scale of one to ten, how high do you feel right now?"

"One hundred n' twenty four millionnnnnn," 

He smiles a bit in amusement. Y/n was actually pretty funny in her drunken-like state. 

"Rikaaa??" 

"Yes, Angel?" America replies. 

"I looovvveee youuuuu," She pats him on the head lazily.

"I love you too," He chuckles, kissing her on the forehead. Y/n giggles childishly at the action. 

"Yayyyyy," 

There are a few knocks at the door. She opens her mouth to speak, but America covers it with one of his hands before any unfiltered comments can come out. 

"Come in," He calls. 

Canada walks into the room, followed by France and Britain. As they do, Y/n moves America's hand away from her and says. 

"Canada there's a leAf growing out of your face!" 

"Uhhh," Canada looks over at America.

"They gave her some new painkillers...and they made her a little...uh-"

"I'm drunk as hEck!" Y/n says proudly, cutting her boyfriend off.

"Oh mon dieu..." (*my goodness) France mutters. Though she almost seems amused. 

"Am I rEally the only one who feels the f*cking eArtHquAke right now?" Y/n continues. 

"Yes, Y/n, you are," Canada laughs. 

The girl glares at him. 

"How long will she be...?" Britain whispers into America's ear. But even he seems to be amused by the girl's childish state.

"Germany says until the evening at most," His son replies. 

"Why there a tube in my armmmm???" Y/n slurs. 

Canada walks over to the other side of the bed. 

"It's an IV tube, Y/n," He says. 

"Is it giving me superpowers...?" Y/n asks him quietly with wide eyes.  

"It might be," Canada replies. 

"OoooH," She holds her arm up and examines the tube.

"Canada..." America grumbles. "Don't give her ideas like that," 

His brother just grins at him. Y/n was still staring at the IV tube with wonder in her eyes. She then lifts her arm and punches Canada lightly in the chest. 

He gasps dramatically and, also dramatically, falls to the floor. 

"Holy sh*t I killed him...." Y/n mumbles. 

"No you didn't, Y/n," America tells her, annoyed. "He's messing with you," 

"I killed Canada..." Tears start running down her face. "I'm a murderer," 

Canada quickly gets back up once he realizes that she's crying. 

"No no you didn't I'm sorry!" He says quickly. 

"I'm going to jail..." Y/n continues as if she didn't hear him. 

"Y/n you're not going to jail, Canada's fine," Britain assures her. 

"America's gonna hate me..." She sobs. 

America wraps his arms around her in comfort. "No, I don't hate you. You didn't kill him," As he speaks, he glares daggers at his brother.

"Y/n I'm sorry," Canada says, repeating the phrase over and over to the point where he was also crying. 

After several minutes, both of them calm down. Y/n apologizes for killing him, but then claims that she used her 'superpowers' to bring him back to life. 

Thankfully, after another hour, she passes out. 

Y/n wakes up with both a headache and pain in her ribs. She whines a bit and snuggles closer to the warmth next to her. 

"Feeling better?" America chuckles. 

"Shut up..." She grumbles. 

"Do you remember anything?"

"I think I killed someone..." 

He laughs. Y/n finally lifts her head and sees that she's lying down completely with her head on his lap. America, meanwhile, is sitting up, propped up with a few pillows on the bed. 

"You were acting pretty weird," He says. 

She just puts her head back down and wraps her arms around his waist, keeping her grip away from his bandages. 

"Does it hurt?"

"No, it's a miracle, I'm healed..." Y/n says in a monotone voice. 

America puts a hand on her head, just resting it there as a form of comfort. 

"We just put you back on your old meds, they'll kick in soon," He assures her. 

She hums in response. After a few more moments of silence, she speaks. 

"I didn't actually kill anyone did I...?" 

"No," America replies with amusement. "No you didn't,"