17: Missing

America walks out of the elevator UN office building. He was a bit frustrated. They had told him that they had never actually called him. 

His phone rings as he starts walking through the lobby. Unknown number. 

"Hello?" America answers. 

"你好, America," (*Nî hâo/Hello)

He abruptly stops walking halfway to the doors and growls. "What do you want, China?" 

"I like to call it old fashioned revenge," China replies. 

"What did you do?" 

"Your poor Angel was all alone when you left. Such a seemingly easy target," China muses. "She put up quite a fight though," 

America freezes. 

"What did you do...?" His voice is dangerously low. 

"You'll find out soon enough," 

China hangs up, leaving the freedom country to his fear.

America takes off running. 

He makes it back to their house and finds that the door is wide open. 

"Y/n?!" He runs inside and starts yelling for her. "Y/n where are you?!" 

America frantically checks the entire house. 

She was gone. 

Y/n was gone. 

He slumps against one of the walls of the bedroom and starts sobbing uncontrollably. 

"No no no no no..." America puts his head in his hands. "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry Angel..."

China had her, without a doubt.

He had to get her back. 

America quickly forces himself to calm down and takes his phone out. 

"You'd better pick up you a**..." He grumbles as he dials the number. The line rings a few times before thankfully being picked up.

"As much as I love getting calls from you," A voice answers. "What do you want?" 

"I don't have time for your f*cking games, Interpol!" America snaps. Tears begin running down his face again.

"Wow, touchy..." Interpol mutters. "What is it?"

America paces back and forth inside of the UN offices. He was waiting alone in one of the conference rooms for Interpol to arrive. 

The door opens. He looks up, expecting it to be Interpol, but it's-

"Canada!" America runs to his brother, who quickly pulls him into a tight hug.

Canada pats him on the back as the freedom country begins crying. 

"I-I lost her..." America chokes out. "I-I couldn't-"

"Hey, we'll find her," Canada cuts him off. "We're going to get her back," 

"What if we don't-" 

"No, stop thinking like that," His brother pulls away. "If you want to have any chance of finding Y/n, you need to stay focused," 

America quickly nods and wipes his tears away. "R-Right..." 

"Come on," Canada says, patting him on the shoulder. "Interpol just got here," 

Y/n opens her eyes. She feels weak beyond belief, but can still move just a little bit.

She's lying on a cot in a small, dark, concrete room. There's a small light on the ceiling, but that's the only source of light. There's also stone desk in the center of the room.