Chapter 596: Spirit Seed's Manifestation

While waiting for the food to be ready, Lonemoon forced all the information he needed out of the garlic demon. The Boss it was talking about was indeed the spirit seed. The entire forest full of tree demons had indeed turned into demons because of the spirit seed. And this garlic was the first among all the plants to form a consciousness. That was why all the trees listened to its orders.

Not long ago, however, the spirit seed suddenly got captured by a foreign demon. These trees kept chasing the demons in order to snatch the spirit seed back. Those demons were forced into the volcano. Since the trees were afraid of fire, they did not dare to go near them again. That was why they had no choice but to wait where they were, so that the demons would not be allowed to escape. But doing that was not very effective. All it did was to put both sides at a standstill.

"So from the looks of it, the spirit seed has already manifested?" Lonemoon frowned. He thought back to the scene of the moving trees. Turning to Shen Ying, he said, "Not only could the spirit seed mimic other forms, it could also manifest?"

"That's right!" Shen Ying nodded. "The spirit seed has a sentience. Its true form is that of a human!"

You should have said so earlier!

Lonemoon pursed his lips and quickly kept all his cutleries away. "Let's go and find it quickly!" It was then that they flew toward the volcano. The closer they got to the volcano, the higher the temperature of the surroundings became. Even Lonemoon began to feel extremely heated up. However, the entire group sensed a familiar aura being overwhelmed by the thickness of the heat and ashes, mixed with some demonic Qi.

Lonemoon conjured an isolation array around the three of them. Immediately, the hot air dissipated. Lonemoon turned around and said to the other two, "Look at the demonic Qi within the volcano. There must be some high-level demons inside. Be careful!" With that, they entered the volcano.

Indeed, the moment they entered, the demonic Qi mixed with the essential Qi charged at them. Everything around them was a fiery red. From time to time, hot ash and lava spewed out of the ground. The few of them tried to dodge the ash and lava as they followed the essential Qi into the inner parts of the volcano.

The further in they got, the wider the path became. Everything was pitch-black. Visibility was deteriorating.

"Master, the stone wall..." Yi Qing suddenly said.

Lonemoon turned and saw that on the stone wall inside the volcano, there were many little caves. It looked like somebody had dug them up on purpose. His heart fell. Holy shit! Did the demons that captured the spirit seed dig those caves? That garnishing garlic demon was indeed unreliable!

"There's demonic Qi and essential Qi on this," Yi Qing said. It was obvious that these caves were dug by the demons.

"Shit!" Lonemoon cursed under his breath. There were so many caves – where were they supposed to begin? "Let's pick the cave with the thickest demonic Qi."

"Are we going to crawl in?" Shen Ying tilted her head and glanced at Lonemoon questioningly.

"Nonsense!" Lonemoon instinctively replied. "If we don't chase after them, do you think the spirit seed will bounce out-"

Before he could finish speaking, he heard a loud crash. Something fell down below them. Immediately, the tallest pillar of ash and lava fell before their eyes. Two figures appeared underneath their feet. Strong demonic Qi rushed up toward the group.

"It's bouncing out," Shen Ying pointed below and replied.

Lonemoon: "..."

Yi Qing: "..."